ToS Henchman program?

Merchant

7 minutes ago, Merchant said:

gotta say it would be nice if it's separate tho I'd rather focus on ToS than split it between malifaux and ToS

Maybe I'm missing something, what difference does it make if it's split or not? The only thing coming from it being split would be like a separate currency so you can't buy ToS minis with Malifaux hench credits? You could just have two local henches focusing one of ToS and one on Mali if it's the same program. Time and energy of the people hosting events seems to be the crucial factor, if I have to do it for both games myself it doesn't add much to have me apply for a "Tenchman" program as well so I can host both Mali and ToS. If I'm a henchman and don't bother picking up ToS there's just some stuff in the store that doesn't interest me but I'll just keep doing Mali stuff. If it's the same program I can preorder goodies for ToS by using some of my leftover soulstones from Mali events.

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Maybe I'm missing something, what difference does it make if it's split or not? The only thing coming from it being split would be like a separate currency so you can't buy ToS minis with Malifaux hench credits? You could just have two local henches focusing one of ToS and one on Mali if it's the same program. Time and energy of the people hosting events seems to be the crucial factor, if I have to do it for both games myself it doesn't add much to have me apply for a "Tenchman" program as well so I can host both Mali and ToS. If I'm a henchman and don't bother picking up ToS there's just some stuff in the store that doesn't interest me but I'll just keep doing Mali stuff.

I guess I was assuming you'd have to do both? you have a good point, it makes sense to use the same system but allow for an "either or both" approach to running event. I personally am less interested in running malifaux events I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Merchant said:

I guess I was assuming you'd have to do both? you have a good point, it makes sense to use the same system but allow for an "either or both" approach to running event. I personally am less interested in running malifaux events I suppose.

GW and Privateer had similar programs in the past at least and I believe you just hosted whichever games you wanted to. This is a strictly voluntary deal.

6 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

GW and Privateer had similar programs in the past at least and I believe you just hosted whichever games you wanted to. This is a strictly voluntary deal.

Fo'sho! tho I'm think I might be the only ToS guy in the area so I'll be building from the ground up if you got any tips

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Merchant said:

Fo'sho! tho I'm think I might be the only ToS guy in the area so I'll be building from the ground up if you got any tips

Sorry I haven't gotten onboard with ToS yet because of non-gaming stuff going on. With Malifaux we just got a couple of guys together and played games and had open demos but the timing was right because people were jumping from other games at the time. I though this was the hench forum, I blame sleep deprivation as my defense. :D 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:31 PM, Ludvig said:

Sorry I haven't gotten onboard with ToS yet because of non-gaming stuff going on. With Malifaux we just got a couple of guys together and played games and had open demos but the timing was right because people were jumping from other games at the time. I though this was the hench forum, I blame sleep deprivation as my defense. :D 

no worries my store doesn't have a henchman so I suppose that's where my questions will stem from, complete ignorance.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 1:33 PM, Ludvig said:

Maybe I'm missing something, what difference does it make if it's split or not? The only thing coming from it being split would be like a separate currency so you can't buy ToS minis with Malifaux hench credits? You could just have two local henches focusing one of ToS and one on Mali if it's the same program. Time and energy of the people hosting events seems to be the crucial factor, if I have to do it for both games myself it doesn't add much to have me apply for a "Tenchman" program as well so I can host both Mali and ToS. If I'm a henchman and don't bother picking up ToS there's just some stuff in the store that doesn't interest me but I'll just keep doing Mali stuff. If it's the same program I can preorder goodies for ToS by using some of my leftover soulstones from Mali events.

Having a single program only seems like it would be an issue if Wyrd is expecting that Henchmen actively support both games or limit the number of Henchmen that can operate out of a single store.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:43 AM, WWHSD said:

Having a single program only seems like it would be an issue if Wyrd is expecting that Henchmen actively support both games or limit the number of Henchmen that can operate out of a single store.

Speaking as a henchman, the only limitations for henchmen involve several henchmen running the same event, and that's more of a logistical issue than anything else. Other than that I'm free to run whatever events I wish, ToS or Malifaux, as long as I feel up to it.