How Many Sorrows for Woe Pandora?

H4ml3t

3 Should be OK. Keep in mind that Pandora usually has better things to do with her AP. Summon to one-shot troublesome model (ie Effigy) that would otherwise required 2 attacks to kill. Also keep in mind that Polter can summon Sorrows too with 13 of masks. Rarely used, but viable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

How on earth do you spam Summon Sorrows when it needs a 10 of masks?

Depression plus a low Mask, or burning a Soulstone for a suit, effectively quadruples the number of cards which can summon a Sorrow. Add in On Wings of Darkness and other ways to cycle cards, and it's expensive but feasible.

These are resource-intensive options, but they are available if summoning is your priority. I'm guessing it's only a viable option if you're not using your hand or Soulstones for other purposes, just like any other summoning master.

6 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Huh, I'd never considered taking Depression on Pandora. That makes sense.

Me neither, I think Incite is just too good and Rile Them Up is expensive if I'm only going to use it to preserve access to Incite.

That's the beauty of this game, though - to each their own.

The more I look at it and think of options the more I think I won't be summoning any more than 1 a Turn so 3 will probably be good for me. If I get going and find out that in practice I need more then I'll buy the extra 3 pack.

I've certainly appreciated the different thoughts on this and I'm open to any further discussion on Woe Pandora.

On 24/01/2018 at 6:26 PM, H4ml3t said:

Thinking about branching into Pandora (currently play Lilith and Lucius) and her Woe build seems powerful and fun. Will I be able to get by with 3 Sorrows to Summon or should I get more? Thx.

The only real answer to this, is play it a few times, and see if you're ever about to pass 3 sorrows. If you find that in less than 10% of the games you need a 4th sorrow, then I would consider not bothering buying a second box. How you play will make a huge difference in how many you feel you need. 

• Like 1

As for me three sorrows are quite enough. Imo it's not the best way to spend Pandoras APs, high card and soulstones on summoning sorrows every turn.

I think the most efficient way is to summon max amount of sorrows (3) at the first turn or turns as a set up. At the next turns we should use max of wp duels and sorrows auras to obliterate the enemy. Of course the best wp duels are come from our lovely Pandora, so it's better to use her at this job for the following turns. Sometimes even two sorrows on table (plus "misery" from Pandora) are enough to lose friends:lol: So more than 3 sorrows is overkill.

For me the best ability of the "depression" upgrade is "melancholy". It gives to all "woe" models and especially sorrows (!) an attack against wp. So sorrows are able to hurt something with average wp. Usually thanks to this I'm able to summon Poltergeist on the first turn, which is the real beast with his "distraction" aura.

"Delght in despair" is a good ability, but I always use "incite" as Pandoras (0) action. "Incite" is a really dangerous thing - hits wp, applies condition, free move (push) for Pandora. We should always use it trigger for double effect! At the first turn "incite" helps to move Pandora to the postiion and apply conditions for summoning. Next turns it's an almost free nuclear weapon in "misery" environment.

Couple of times "inflict" action was a blast either! Oh man! Killing 3-4 small models touched by 3-4 "misery" and a "distarction" (Poltergeist) auras in one Pandoras activation is something really mean!