Errata 2018 - your minds

green-n-dumb

1 hour ago, MeatAndFauxtatoes said:

The biggest winner in the Gremlin part of the errata is Bushwhackers for me. At 6ss I considered them underwhelming as their "reckless" is conditional. But, at 5ss I think a Bushwhacker is a good deal.

• DF6, WP6, SH6, WD6 - these are still the stats of a 6ss model.
  • 2/4/5 with their Rifles on a focused attack, ignoring cover.

It will be nice to be able to use the other 50% of Mah's crew box without feeling like I'm shooting myself in the foot.

That's one shot only. I would rather like to have 2/3/4 damage spread on attack ignoring cover without this bonus from focus. Then they would be really good.

7 hours ago, daniello_s said:

That's one shot only. I would rather like to have 2/3/4 damage spread on attack ignoring cover without this bonus from focus. Then they would be really good.

SH 5 with "ignoring cover" and a 2/3/4 dmg with reposition would make them playable. and if a "6" statline is so beloved, take a look at Bunraku's that went down to 5ss

On that note, after looking at how good Bunraku's are at 5ss, Neverborn players will still grab a handful of stitched at 6ss ( this should clearly show that stitched are broken/under priced )

Again, Gremlins are a vocal minority, other faction's most used/abused models stay at current SS cost and we received 3 nerfs ( again)

• Like 1

I think it was a pretty decent simplified errata change for the gremlins. The models that went up in cost will still be used and the ones that went down now feel viable in some environments. Very glad to see Golem and Shinobi decrease in cost in particular.

There are still a few models in need of a points decrease (or buff), but this was a very welcome step on the path towards better internal balance. I reckon it's especially tricky to get balance right by working with points cost alone in the lower range. Stuffed, Bayou and Survivors for example are now pretty much in the same spot but I definitely know which one I generally prefer. 

Points change alone does not feel optimal for all models I guess, just like a lot of people have already said. Emissary is one that stands out in this regard, even though a decrease would be better than nothing at all.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kurdush said:

I think it was a pretty decent simplified errata change for the gremlins. The models that went up in cost will still be used and the ones that went down now feel viable in some environments. Very glad to see Golem and Shinobi decrease in cost in particular.

There are still a few models in need of a points decrease (or buff), but this was a very welcome step on the path towards better internal balance. I reckon it's especially tricky to get balance right by working with points cost alone in the lower range. Stuffed, Bayou and Survivors for example are now pretty much in the same spot but I definitely know which one I generally prefer. 

Points change alone does not feel optimal for all models I guess, just like a lot of people have already said. Emissary is one that stands out in this regard, even though a decrease would be better than nothing at all.

Though he isn't a Gremlin model specifically, I would like to see Bad Juju get some love when he slums it with Zoraida in Gremlins. Nothing dramatic just make his specific upgrade dual faction (Gremlin/ Neverborn). Perhaps also give him Armor 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

Though he isn't a Gremlin model specifically, I would like to see Bad Juju get some love when he slums it with Zoraida in Gremlins. Nothing dramatic just make his specific upgrade dual faction (Gremlin/ Neverborn). Perhaps also give him Armor 1.

Juju is now interesting due to the cost decrease. He is now similar price to our other beaters and whilst he is slow we do have a couple of options for making him move out of his activation. 

• Like 1

While I agree the points reduction was nice, Bad Juju still needs some love particularly in the durability department. One of my players recommended giving him Incorporeal to better reflect the "mud man" motif. That might be a bridge to far but making his specific upgrade dual faction would probably do the job.

• Like 2