• Mechanized Porkchop (Cost -1)
  • Bayou Bushwhackers (Cost -1)
  • Rafael LaCroix (Cost -1)
  • Burt Jebsen (Cost +1)
  • McTavish (Cost +1)
  • Francois LaCroix (Cost +1)
  • Running Tab (Cost -1)

What do you feel about it? How do you think it will change our gameplay?^_^

Not much. Obvious picks will be taken and weaker models will stay in the box as usual. Im surprised there are no changes to Pigapult, Stuffed Piglets, our Emissary and Lenny. Obviously there are so good they dont need changes and that's why we dont see them often on the table. 

• Like 2

I hoped some up for the shooting pigapult+stuffed piglets so dissapointed for that. i also hoped for other pigs to play with my ulix and this delivered even if the emissary being a pig would have been very very nice.

The mechanized pork is only 5ss in the app so i hope soooo much he really got -2 cost but it must be a mistake. A 50mm based pig for 5ss is one of ulix wet dreams.

has not impacted much of my list building, but at least those out there playing "funzie" lists will get a discount in doing so:

• Whiskey Golem (Cost -1)
  • Moon Shinobi (Cost -1)
  • Wild Boar (Cost -1)
  • Survivor (Cost -1)
  • Mancha Roja (Cost -1)
  • Mechanized Porkchop (Cost -1)

Debating on throwing 2-3 survivors with Somer due to good stat line over 1ss bayous. Also a spare bushwhacker might be good for mobile cover.

what we need for these models is:

0SS upgrade on the corresponding henchmen that buffs the minions

Fingers buffing shinobi/ Sparks buffing survivors/ Old Major buffing Boars/ Mancha buffing wrestlers/ Trixi buffing Bushwackers / McTavish buffing gators.

Otherwise everyone is running henchmen/enforcer heavy lists and leaving minions alone ( just hiring bayous for significant and scheming)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sergrum said:

I think the meta of tank enforcers/hench is not good for gremlins and will hurt them in the long run. 

totaly agree. Unfortunatly gg2018 is more focused on enf/hench than minions IMHO and lot of activation is not so powerfull anymore. Not a really good year for gremlins i think. Or at least i don't see how it could be better than 2017.

18 minutes ago, Sergrum said:

I think the meta of tank enforcers/hench is not good for gremlins and will hurt them in the long run. 

Why? Wong with Ooo Glowy, McTavish, 2x Swine Cursed will handle with every tank enforcer and most of the henchmen. Activation control always will be important because you will have a chance to harm opponent while he wont be able to counter strike you that turn.

• Like 1

I've been sadly waiting for the Burt/Frank point increase, so it's not a surprise, and they are probably 8 ss models. But, I am disappointed with McTavish, from a Gremlin perspective, I really didn't think it was required.

In regard to the 'beater' buffs, I just don't think they have balanced our options. Mancha at 9 is still not better than Frank with slits or Burt with DC. The Gollum, needed to have his Iron-Bound in built and a better Melee. It has probably made Taxidermists the go to option at 7ss, which is a good thing.

On the positive side, in my humble opinion, Raph at 6ss is a bargain, especially with DC, he is a real threat and has the potential for some really skewed damage. Survivors are a more reliable scheme runner at 4ss. And I'll probably try the Bushwhackers at 5, but i feel they would have been much better at 6, with Mah's card cycling ability on 'Get off my land'.

My 2 Cents!

The two standout changes for me are Raph and Survivors getting cheaper. Raph is really surprising as he is such a good model and is even better now he is a stone cheaper. The survivors are good models they just couldn't compete with the other choices at 5ss, now at 4 they are going to be in more lists for holding points.

• Like 2

I was never unhappy paying 7ss for Raphael. 6ss? Bargain. Moon Shinobi and the Whiskey Golem dropping 1ss is neat if you want to play thematic Brewmaster. I'm a huge fan of Bushwhackers but like many thought they were 1ss-2ss too much, so seeing them drop 1ss is good. Still likely won't take more than 1 of them, but it's a nice change.

Francois and Bur totally had these price increases coming for a long time. No one should be surprised about these changes. McTavish... didn't expect it but I can see him being worth more than he originally cost.

• Like 1

Very happy with the Brewmaster changes. I finally have a good reason - other than "Woohoo, drunk Gremlin ninjas!" - to take Moon Shinobi over Fermented River Monks. With Running Tab being cheaper (and Terracotta Warriors going up), there's much less reason to run 10T Brewmaster. Between the errata, Wave 5 and the 0-cost upgrade, my beloved Whiskey Golem is going to spend much more time on the tabletop.

The increases aren't unexpected - Francois is superb, and Burt was always undercosted for what he could do. They're still worth bringing,  just not auto-includes.

On the Merc side of things, Johan getting a price increase probably means less generic condition removal floating around. Happy with Hans and Taelor getting a price drop.

• Like 2

problem that bushwackers run into is that we have slophaulers / banjonistas /  the whizard-thing-what-nots at 5 ss that all do much much more and can also output a great deal of damage.

Honestly, I thing the only way to make bushwhackers worth it is if they have a trigger to  place friendly scheme markers next to targets they shoot.

This way we have a scheme minion that will be used at least part of the time.

Good changes

• Whiskey Golem (good fast tanky model and will be useful in supply wagon. Wish his 0 upgrade though got built in)
  • Survivor (good cheap damage and tanky and pretty flexible). 
  • Rafael LaCroix (this surprised me. With Burt nerf I expected him to stay the same)
  • Mechanized Porkchop (I can see them showing up more often now outside Ulix)

Expected

• Burt Jebsen (Cost +1)
  • McTavish (Cost +1)
  • Francois LaCroix (Cost +1)

No opinion

• Wild Boar (Cost -1)
  • Running Tab (Cost -1)

Meh changes

• Moon Shinobi (Cost -1)
  • Mancha Roja (Cost -1)

All these models imo have fundamental issues with them and I don't see a point cost fixing them.

Moon Shinobi are fun, but even at 5ss a reckless model will probably do more damage (especially 4ss survivor and lightning bugs) and they have little to no utility)

Bushwhackers still do nothing

Mancha is still outclassed for his cost.

Models missing imo

• Opehlia (still needs help imo especially her gun upgrades)
  • Lenny (though guess he still is good with somer and Gracie)
  • Pugapult

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

Raphael??? Moon Shinobis???????? ok those two were unexpected.

Moon Shinobi were completely suboptimal at 6 SS - particularly when the Terracotta Warrior option for Brewmaster was so much better than playing him as Gremlins. Sure, they're zippy if plenty of models have Poison, but unless you were up against Resurrectionists, they were pretty corner-case. They couldn't compete with Reactivating Fermented River Monks that were a stone cheaper and could hit harder with their built-in triggers.

I agree that Raphael's price drop was a welcome surprise, though.

1 hour ago, Haagrum said:

Moon Shinobi were completely suboptimal at 6 SS

I know the general opinion on shinobis, but I think they're very disruptive (not necessarily strong) and being cheap has some interesting implications for the health of the game.

• Like 1

Overall, I like this. I don't see anything that really makes me say "Wow, I'm fed up with Gremlins," the closest is the increased cost to Burt, but honestly 7SS Burt was goofy strong, and I'll still happily pay 8 for him. Franc was never really my favorite model and I can see people being bummed but honestly? I see no issues with his increase either, and same with McTavish. If you're paying for McTavish you're already planning on making him a huge part of your crew's plan so 1 SS is unlikely to make or break the whole list.

The decreased costs are mostly fantastic, I've been cooking up a Zipp list involving Survivors and Mech-Chops, and I think Mancha Roja will have a chance at seeing play now, now that he's not 10 stones. Always liked Raphael, a decreased cost means I'll be using him more now. Wild Boars and Bushwhackers getting cheaper is good, but I still can't see a world where I use them much, other than maybe 1 bushwhacker in a Mah Tucket list, just because the rules they grant are only ok, and the Wild Boars are in general too unpredictable to be useful IMO. The reduced costs on Moon Shinobi and Whiskey Golem are great, my Inner Brewmaster is smiling. Lastly, Running Tab is 1 SS. Just as it always, always should have been.

So, yeah. All in all a big green thumbs up from me!

Bushwackers are more viable but probably still too limited. I can see them having a place with Brewmaster and Ulix as ranged damage dealers that don't randomise. They could really do with +1 min damage to their gun still however. 

Burt will not be effected too much by the cost increase however I can now see Franc being less common. At 7 you were almost always guaranteed to kill something more valuable that Franc before he was taken out, now it becomes much more of a risk especially if he has a couple of upgrades on him. 

5 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

I know the general opinion on shinobis, but I think they're very disruptive (not necessarily strong) and being cheap has some interesting implications for the health of the game.

I think they are probably still behind the curve slightly in Gremlins just because most of our other 5ss models have reckless. The cheaper cost does make them much more interesting in TT for me. 

The biggest problem with Shinobis for me is that their mobility is tied to poison which can be quite hard to get onto models for Gremlins.