35SS Tourny lists

Stonewall78

16 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

Strats: Guard the Stash, Interference and Head Hunter

Thinking of taking Sonnia and Lucius as I have the most painted for them. What are some lists do you think I should shoot for so I can get some more painted up.

I am not against taking Sonnia with 7 witchlings stalkers lol

I guess the big question is what do you have painted?

Lucius is my favorite master, but I would probably stick to Sonnia in 35 Pt.  Guild struggles in 35 SS because summoning in 35 is so powerful.  Sonnia's blasts are your best chance to be able to kill enough to keep up.  

The exception may be in head hunter.  Lucius is awful good in head hunter.

I have almost all guild models but painted to a high standard would be austringer, witchling stalkers x3 (have one trans and 3 metals nearly done), witchling thrawl, Franciso, ryle, peacekeeper, malifaux child, Sonnias totem, brutal effigy, brutal emissary can be done in time (using sonnias avatar) and Govener's proxy. Those off the top of my head. Haven't picked up a totem for lucius yet since I have the metal one but I have an idea for a conversion I may pull off.

I have a long list of ones assembled and primed but I need to build a painting order.

Just now, 4thstringer said:

I never thought about it before but I'd imagine Nellie could be nasty at 35 as her activation control could be more effective.   A good nellie delayed alpha strike could really do some work. 

The only master I haven't bought yet lol waiting till I want to be really cheesy before I buy her.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

I have almost all guild models but painted to a high standard would be austringer, witchling stalkers x3 (have one trans and 3 metals nearly done), witchling thrawl, Franciso, ryle, peacekeeper, malifaux child, Sonnias totem, brutal effigy, brutal emissary can be done in time (using sonnias avatar) and Govener's proxy. Those off the top of my head. Haven't picked up a totem for lucius yet since I have the metal one but I have an idea for a conversion I may pull off.

I have a long list of ones assembled and primed but I need to build a painting order.

At 35 points, given what you have painted, I would go pretty traditional sonnia into the first two with the child, frank w/wade in and hermanos), effigy,  a thrall and (not sure if there is room) a stalker.

If you are inspired to paint, I love Nurse HB with Sonnia.  Though I don't think that feeling is shared by everyone else.

• Like 1

Nurse HB is painted and primed, might be a good time to finish her. Sonnia lists are easy for me, played a game recently with the PK and he tore up at 35ss too (wee melee blasting Sonnia). Need some idea's for Lucius lists as I haven't played him in ages though. Do you ever take Franco without wade and Herm? I don't think I ever have lol

Ohh I should also mention it is a charity event so we can buy up to an extra 7ss for cache per game, makes summoning sonnia a lot of fun against lists with widdly models. Need to get burning on them though so might need more stalkers or an emissary. The extra SS also make certain things stupid broken though as they are thrown around like candy (literally used candy as tokens last year).

Ok, especially if you paint HB, here is the fun you can have with a lucius list given what you have.  

Lucius 

Nurse hb with disrupt magic (10)

thrall(9) 

3 stalkers or two stalkers and a queller if you have one waiting.

This way they all disrupt magic except Lucius.  Try to get either a stalker or a thrall engaged with any summoner immediately to stop the summon train.

1 hour ago, Stonewall78 said:

Ohh I should also mention it is a charity event so we can buy up to an extra 7ss for cache per game, makes summoning sonnia a lot of fun against lists with widdly models. Need to get burning on them though so might need more stalkers or an emissary. The extra SS also make certain things stupid broken though as they are thrown around like candy (literally used candy as tokens last year).

Sonnia can easily put stuff on fire herself and the first blast shouldn't kill most things.

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

Sonnia can easily put stuff on fire herself and the first blast shouldn't kill most things.

I always have issues with getting the trigger, though with all the extra SS I could just add it in myself. Crewfauxed a couple lists, Sonnias good. Now to figure out Lucius.

1 minute ago, Stonewall78 said:

I always have issues with getting the trigger, though with all the extra SS I could just add it in myself. Crewfauxed a couple lists, Sonnias good. Now to figure out Lucius.

If you don't have a 11-13 of the right suit you should stone if summoning is your game. I often don't have many chances to summon in which case the burning doesn't always feel worth the stone.

11 hours ago, Ludvig said:

If you don't have a 11-13 of the right suit you should stone if summoning is your game. I often don't have many chances to summon in which case the burning doesn't always feel worth the stone.

Completely this. If you are summoning then your first attack has the trigger, even if you have to stone it. Even if you aren't summoning, thats often  good idea to let you target what ever is easiest to hit for subsequent attacks. 

1 hour ago, Stonewall78 said:

I think the extra SS is the only time summoning works with Sonnia lol

Came up with a list for lucius: Deep pockets and one other 1ss upgrade, scribe, 2 austringer and 2 thralls. Need more experience with Lucius though.

Not letting them cheat is good in small games because the hand is more important the less models you have in the game.

Note to self get more sleep before a tournament. Had my brothers Christmas party the night before, got home at 2am. The rest of the normal housefaux crew (brother and friend) opted out but I still went. Store owner showed up late, only 2 others and the henchmen showed up so we only ended up playing 2 full games. Was too tired and made many mental mistakes. Had some fun though when Von Chill found out that even with 10SS (bought for charity money) he couldn't use any while in Sonnias dampening field and promptly died.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1