Starting a new crew conundrum

Greentinsel

Hello fellow masters I hope your having a good day. I’m thinking about joining the ressers or going deeper into the outcasts. I like Kirai and Viktoria’s story but I don’t know how each plays or if either is decent for competive play. So I’m looking for a little input about each before making a solid choice.

I have the Tara box and a few singles to support her but nothing in ressers. I’m looking to expand to different play styles. 

Well both are very competitive Masters but with very different play style. Hard to compare them.
Viktorias are glass cannons, so you will want to alpha strike early on and do as much damage as possible, taking off one or two key models, maybe even Master. And you probably will loose Viktoria after that, but your opponent will most likely miss half of the crew :) Beware of opponents who are familiar with alpha striking, because if you fail it - you will die and loose a Master for nothing.
Kiari on other hand is a .. well .. a summoner. So you will ... summon. A lot. And if opponent will try to hit your Spirits, he will get Ikiryo in base to base contact. Kirai easily can summon such beast like Hanged, you actually need just 11 Crows for that which is more than OK for that Minion. Hanged + Ikiryo's Adversary condition is the terrifying combination for the opponent so he will think twice before hitting your Spirits. And if he don't Attack you - you are free to do whatever you need for scoring VP.

Both masters are very strong. Speaking of Tara - i must say that i don't think that Tara is competitive Master at all, especially comparing to Kirai and Victorias. I'm not saying that she's so bad, but that's how i see it... Never saw Tara on top places of local tournaments, but seeing Viktorias and Kirai pretty often. 

32 minutes ago, Sagrit said:

Speaking of Tara - i must say that i don't think that Tara is competitive Master at all, especially comparing to Kirai and Victorias. I'm not saying that she's so bad, but that's how i see it... Never saw Tara on top places of local tournaments, but seeing Viktorias and Kirai pretty often. 

I think that her new upgrades may change a lot and having played few games with her I am very optimistic.

6 hours ago, Greentinsel said:

I like Kirai and Viktoria’s story but I don’t know how each plays or if either is decent for competive play.

Kirai is certainly a competitive choice. As for Viks, I have mixed feelings. They are great against bad and new players, but in other case it's fifty-fity: you kill them or they kill you. So why risk at all, if you can simply play more consistent masters? On the other hand, Viks would certainly benefit from the collection you already have, while playing Kirai requires A LOT of purchases. Her basic box is basically unplayable. You need something for her to summon, at least Hanged, but also Shikome and Goryo. You might want Philip and the Nanny, who is only in Molly's box. You might want to use Flesh Construct + Nurse as your summon factory. You might want to include Datsue Ba for more Seishins (three come in her box). Both Datsue Ba and Kirai are able to summon Gaki, so you might want also them, just in case... and so on.

Ok so I’m looking at a good amount of investment if I want to get kirai and have her work. Not ideal but I get it. I want the models to summon and pull some tricks and such. I was looking of one of the pinned posts about starting ressers and it did list a lot of stuff too get for kirai as well. 

Ok well thanks for the input guys. I l’ll look into the viktorias closer in their faction forums and see what I find. 

Kirai can do very well as a support master, don't let the summoning pool scare you away. She is also way more forgiving than the vikkies.  If you really like high-risk high-reward play the viks.  Otherwise, go for Kirai, buy her box, Izamu, and Goryo and.

Focus on learning how to really abuse her teleport and other super solid support mechanics while you build up your pool of spirits.  After that pick up datsuba, hanged, and gaki and you'll be in a really solid place.  Good luck!

On 11/25/2017 at 10:46 PM, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

I think that her new upgrades may change a lot and having played few games with her I am very optimistic.

Agreed. My main opponent plays with Tara alot. I played her last week and there was definitely a significant improvement