Vogel + Dashel = love?

Ludvig

So while I contributed to him "joining" with Lucius I really didn't keep up with the beta rules for Vogel. 

I seem to recall someone saying the man is a minion and the beast an enforcer. It kind of got me thinking. Would Dashel reactivating the minion-part of him enable some nice plays? If you can change to werewolf afterwards it would avoid the sacrifice part of Dashels ability which makes it a lot more useful.

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I seem to recall someone saying the man is a minion and the beast an enforcer. It kind of got me thinking. Would Dashel reactivating the minion-part of him enable some nice plays? If you can change to werewolf afterwards it would avoid the sacrifice part of Dashels ability which makes it a lot more useful.

Both forms of Vogel are Immune to Reactivate, probably because of that and Colette's Prompt trigger doing the same.

I dont see him as a decent choice in guild.  Wp5 makes him a real liability for commanding presence,  and his attacks just dont do enough to be worthwhile.  If red tape was build in maybe, but he makes sam hopkins look durable.  The reactivate ability would have taken 2 models which are hard to justify anyways, and gave them some purpose.

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I dont see him as a decent choice in guild.  Wp5 makes him a real liability for commanding presence,  and his attacks just dont do enough to be worthwhile.  If red tape was build in maybe, but he makes sam hopkins look durable.  The reactivate ability would have taken 2 models which are hard to justify anyways, and gave them some purpose.

I'd much rather keep that tech away from arcanists than take Dashel with a semi-useful dude and probably still have them be crap. Vogel is solidly a fluff piece, not meant for tournament players.

I don't really agree with all this Vogel hate. The Laws of Nature and the Ml attack are both pretty good. Now, if we only we had some way to add :mask for triggers...

I'm also not convinced he's that fragile. Sure, he won't live long in the front lines against a real beater, but few models do. He does have the ability to heal to full health at the start of every activation, which is pretty strong.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Is his durability a little deceiving? He can ditch all conditions and heal to full every time he activates if he wants.

The problem is in the current meta models aren't slowly whittled down.   It's big hits that do the job.   So are you activating him at the wrong time just to make the shift and to heal three?  Or do you risk that 8 ss model another turn. 

I do like the trigger on laws of nature,  but him with jury seems like a fragile build.