Copy cat killer help!

spafe

So like I'm sure many of you have experienced, my copycat killer has broken. That ridiculously teenie connection to the base (his scissors point!) has given up. I intially considered drilling into the blade and pinning it to the base, but that proved too small a point to drill into, so my next thought was to jsut drill into his knee and have a pin painted black to hold him in the air coming from that.

I thought I'd check on here first though to see if anyone here has come up with a more clever solution for this fix (or am I the only one to have broken one?)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still using the metal one, for all the use Seamus gets right now, but what comes to mind right away would be a scenic base made of plastic that you could bump CCK next to something and use plastic glue to bond them.  Something like the new plastic bases that Wyrd has recently put out.  Or a scenic base made of a different material that you can drill into a feature of the base and CCK and pin it.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I had converted mine myself to avoid it being on the scissor tip.  I took the hats off and left him with only the top hat *so he only has one* then put him on a small mount of rocks so it looks like he was hopping about on the rocks a bit and then used a little green stuff to "Fix" the scissors so they looked proper.  That way I have two points of contact with his feet.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. I think I have goofed up then already as mine is on a cobblestones base insert (or was!), so rocks might look out of place. Might see about converting a tipped over trash can or similar though to put on the base and glue his feet too.

Thanks for the range of ideas though!

I think I'll copy you @EnternalVoid, and greenstuff the tip back onto it. I assume greenstuff will adhere to a painted model...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...