Expanding from Lilith

emiba

Hi, I've very recently started playing Malifaux and so far, for Neverborn, I have the starter box, the Lilith box and Mr. Graves. Now I'm looking at expanding with another master box and a smaller model box or two.

I guess most people will recommend a Doppleganger and/or Nekima but when it comes to which master box I'm more uncertain. Any opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Think about what you want from another box.

If you wanting something to use what you've got take Lynch. 

He aparently loves tots and Graves I'd wonderful, plus most neverborn player froth at the  mouth (and possibly elsewhere) over illuminated.

If you're looking for a different type of master try pandora, Titania, Dreamer or Zoraida.

If you're wanting to make yourself miserable try Lucius....

In all honesty there is no right answer.

It all depends on your meta and what you get out of the game, I. Even if control, summoning and support may not be your thing you would still be able to take yourself down a completely different track than someone who prefers lots of options...it's one of the beauties of this game.

Then there's aesthetics, fluff, regular opponents, terrain level etc etc.

Anyway welcome to the true fight for Malifaux. ..Ours. ....and all that.

I'd say if you're looking to build slowly then go for Zoraida, Titania or Lynch as they have more models you can use with each Lilith.

If you're looking to grow quick then go for Dreamer. He will need much more input model wise but many of them will go with Lilith (especially the twins).

Of course in the end you will end up with all of them. Theres no escaping!

Thank you all for your advice.

I'm very tempted to go for Titania because of the models being so gorgeous. Would you be able to build something decent with her as a master with the Lilith box, starter set and Mr Graves? (Seems my store is out of doppleganger...)

Yes she aparently loves barbaros, tots will be nice scheme runners but I'd eventually swap them out for changelings.

Lilith will probably appreciate the Knights and both will love waldgiest, Rougarou, doppelganger and The twins.

Graves can always be useful especially with changelings and possibly Tannen.

As tempted as I am to go with Titania, I think I've settled on Lynch for now for two reasons. First, I think the Dark Debts box has more versatility while my collection model count is as low as it is at the moment. Secondly, it's cheaper at this point which, sadly, is also a factor at this point.

Thank you all for your input. :)

8 hours ago, Trixter said:

Can you share your ideas about this crew?

Lilith w/Bad JuJu, Waldgeists, and Silurids.  She can help protect Bad JuJu or deliver him into the enemy crew (put Eternal Fiend and Fears given form (from 1 thousand faces) on him) .  Waldgeists and Silurids are good against shooty crews with perfect camo and trees from Waldgeists.  Silurids are good for scheme running (they can do Claim Jump by themselves each turn).  There is a lot of board control with the ability to put 3 sets of 2 50mm tree markers out.

Add McTavish to that and your swamp fiends get pumped up a little more plus offering both effective ranged damage and reasonable close quarters damage.

There's also the spawn mother + wisp route for pumping juju and other swampfiends with sacrificial gupps but if you try including spawn mother, wisp, juju and McTavish in one list you're putting heavy limitations on your activation's etc.