Pandora, Kade, and Teddy is it good?

ringsnake

Limited edition GenCON Teddy got me here. Got him painted real nice, and just got my Pandora box. I end up dealing with obnoxious Resser summon crews and gods damned Rotten Belles a lot, so Lucius was a bit of a fail.

OK, a lot of a fail.

Pandora Box Opens looks a lot better for dealing with that. I've also got Mr. Tannen, and the Lynch box. 

I really want to give Pandora a try with Kade and teddy, but I get the impression that I'm better off just hitting the WP sphere of doom as hard as possible.

It's never a bad thing to have a back up beatstick if you're going with Box-Pandy, so I wouldn't ever say that Kade and Teddy are a bad idea.  It's just a matter of getting used to maximizing their synergy.  If Pandora is near by you also benefit from being able the Martyr damage off of Kade (who is very squishy).

Additionally, you'll want to round out the rest of your crew with scheme running and Wp debuffs, especially :-fate as it gives Teddy's "Gobble You Up" a much better chance of hitting if they can cheat.  Widow Weaver is also a great addition to a Box list as she's mid ranged so you'll never have to deal with Fears Given Form with her, she can toss out Web Markers for -1 Wp bubbles, she shoots out Horror Duels, draws cards when enemies fail horror duels, gives Teddy +1 Wk... and just looks creepy as hell.

2 hours ago, HegemonyKrcket said:

It's never a bad thing to have a back up beatstick if you're going with Box-Pandy, so I wouldn't ever say that Kade and Teddy are a bad idea.  It's just a matter of getting used to maximizing their synergy.  If Pandora is near by you also benefit from being able the Martyr damage off of Kade (who is very squishy).

Additionally, you'll want to round out the rest of your crew with scheme running and Wp debuffs, especially :-fate as it gives Teddy's "Gobble You Up" a much better chance of hitting if they can cheat.  Widow Weaver is also a great addition to a Box list as she's mid ranged so you'll never have to deal with Fears Given Form with her, she can toss out Web Markers for -1 Wp bubbles, she shoots out Horror Duels, draws cards when enemies fail horror duels, gives Teddy +1 Wk... and just looks creepy as hell.

I have Widow Weaver on my 'must buy' list, but supply on Malifaux from distributors is difficult due to the relative lack of popularity of the game.

I also have Will O Wisps and Insidious Nightmares on order, since it seemed like a no-brainer combo with all three of Lucius, Pandora, and Lynch

1 hour ago, ringsnake said:

They're minions that have a 1 action to use another models 2 action, or does it specify during activation only?

There are so many limitations on that power it's kinda ridiculous.  Only during the Wisp's activation, that wisp can only take it once per turn, it has to target a Neverborn model, it can only copy at Tactical action, and the target can only be targeted by One Wisp per turn.

Which means you can currently copy the following:

Zoraida's Summon Voodoo Doll, Winds of Fate, or Raven Form
Spawn Mother's Hatch Eggs
Kade's Where's Teddy
Poltergeist's Paranormal Activity Marker
Widow Weaver's Summon Teddy

And I think that's it

2 hours ago, HegemonyKrcket said:

Poltergeist's Paranormal Activity Marker

... That sounds kind of brutal, but I don't have my cards with me. Would these markers stack with each other? 

Wisps consistently continue to impress me.

39 minutes ago, Torsul said:

Flurry ;)

1 AP and a card for 3 attacks, from a 3ss model.

Sounds like the wisp would be a good adjunct to Pandora, Poltergeist, Kade, widow weaver, and teddy.

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Pandora + 3 Pool
 - The Box Opens (2)
 - Fugue State (2)
Poltergeist (5)
Widow Weaver (8)
 - Handbag (2)
Teddy (11)
Baby Kade (7)
Sorrow (5)
Sorrow (5)
Will O' The Wisp (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

On 3/4/2017 at 3:35 AM, Ludvig said:

Seeing as Icouldn't think of a single (2) for them to copy in my Lucius crews I was intrigued. Maybe the forced walk thing is enough to warrant one with him.

I was thinking of it more for helping Lucius get extra scheme markers down for his attacks from Secret Assets or maybe even secret weapons, and since you're going to have a Lawyer with Lucius, there's another set of WP attacks to go with the Wisp. Also to control movement of important enemy models, because Lucius isn't exactly the worlds most robust master.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ringsnake said:

I was thinking of it more for helping Lucius get extra scheme markers down for his attacks from Secret Assets or maybe even secret weapons, and since you're going to have a Lawyer with Lucius, there's another set of WP attacks to go with the Wisp. Also to control movement of important enemy models, because Lucius isn't exactly the worlds most robust master.

They're insignificant so I don't see how they contribute with markers since they're not allowed to place them. The controlling enemy movement part could be nice.

I don't have my card with me for the wisps at the moment, but they have an aura that allows them to place a scheme marker when something happens with 3.   I really wish I could remember how it works, but they can get markers down with it.

It might be from failing a WP duel.

16 hours ago, Kassket said:

I don't have my card with me for the wisps at the moment, but they have an aura that allows them to place a scheme marker when something happens with 3.   I really wish I could remember how it works, but they can get markers down with it.

It might be from failing a WP duel.

Haha, I had missed that. That's a pretty strong ability for a 3ss model.

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Haha, I had missed that. That's a pretty strong ability for a 3ss model.

Seemed like the strongest ability they had TBH, especially with pandora. It's like adding insult to injury in an almost literal sense. Pandora forces WP duels that injure the enemy AND pop schemes into existence, and since you'll probably be using the wisps lure type ability on scheme runners, they become YOUR scheme runners.

• Like 2