MAGE - 15-16th July 2017

OldManMyke

1 hour ago, AdrianMills said:

For the BBQ who wants to chip in for a meat pack from http://www.musclefood.com/ ?

Sounds like a great idea. I'm in too

Also is it worth Jen bringing some specifically veggie options?

To allow for the slow witted among us, when you say crew picking at 8 on Friday do you mean arrive at 8 at yours on Friday or you expecting people earlier?

Finally, would we be able to swap boxes with other players? Or is that part of the challenge? I don't want Ulix, he just makes me sad. 

2 hours ago, OldManMyke said:

That looks like an excellent choice.   

Swapping isn't really allowed but if you can convince me that it will ruin your weekend playing a master then the chances are I will let you trade, mainly because its for funz

de nada. I'm sure it will be fine. I think my problem with Ulix is that he has really bad match ups and I don't think they're in there anyway :P

Have had a few enquiries as to when folks can turn up.  Feel free to arrive any point after lunch.  We just hang out at the house drinking etc. before going down to the hall mid afternoon to set up.  The 8pm time is just so that we have a set time that crews will be handed out.

Hopefully thats clear.

If you need address or my mobile number PM / Tweet / FB message me and I'll let you know

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I know a little late, but I drive from and to SW London (with one infamous Canadian, so you will hear us coming), if anyone wants a lift there and/or back...?

We should arrive at about 7pm.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend, will be good to play some faux again (as long as it's not gremlins. I really dislike gremlins. Good thing the chances are fairly slim.)

• Like 1

Had an absolute blast. Great weekend. Thanks to everyone involved.

Loved the alternative games and restrictions the format created, made for really enjoyable games.

As I said at the end I would definitely do it again, but my preference would be for either building or painting and not both. More time to chat to lovely people that way. ?

Love these formats of Mike - you get a real insight into his twisted mind.....

The one faction I had nothing from was Gremlins so I really was thrown in at the deep end of the swamp :)  However, we all had a great time - and I may well be taking Somer to the local FLGS campaign tournament which is starting up shortly!  

It's been said by plenty of us across all of the social media dungeons, but it was a fantastic weekend with many a face ache from all of the laughter ? I still don't know how I drew two crews that I already own when only 5 from the 28 fell into that category, but thanks to @Elessarion I walked away with a lovely Lilith crew with which to filth it up. Would definitely do it again!

Brilliant weekend! Came home with a Lynch crew (cheers to @Dibbler for swapping after) which is a crew I always wanted. On top of that I had 4 fun games (book story schemes are a blast), loads of time to chat to everyone and lots of giggling.  Definitely up for a similar type of event in the future! Huge thanks to Mike for organising this and to Mrs Marshall for putting up with us all!