Post errata Sonnia

Franchute

8 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Come on! It's convoluted and evil - just like Guild would want it!

Oi! I resemble that remark! :P 

5 hours ago, Myyrä said:

I also just realized that Sergeants enjoy from that awful aura wording so prevalent in wave 2 that lets all of them always enjoy from +1Wk if you bring at least two. How did wave 2 playtesters suck so bad?

A question I used to ask myself every time I looked at Lucius. It takes a degree of rules proofreading to think up and then stick to a loophole like the auras, but then...old Lucius. Was he played by a god among players, or was he just that neglected because Hoffman attracted all the analytical types of our faction?

Mechanically it soothes the pain of those auras being only 3", but I only like it thematically on the pistoleros...which is probably one of the few I'd flood the field with regardless, because some of those Family buffs sound like fun in the right situation.

As a TO I would rule against the 2 sergeants buffing each other if they are mor ethan 3" apart - his aura says "other friendly" and that`s it, it doesn`t affect him. period.

I just don`t see the point here, to me it`s debatable at best.

43 minutes ago, Tris said:

As a TO I would rule against the 2 sergeants buffing each other if they are mor ethan 3" apart - his aura says "other friendly" and that`s it, it doesn`t affect him. period.

I just don`t see the point here, to me it`s debatable at best.

I doubt even those sneaky fins would try to actually play it like that. I think it was theoretical rules-lawyering ;) 

5 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Sergeant A knows that Sergeant B is somewhere on the battlefield. So he checks B's card. "Other friendly Guardsmen" - hehey, that's me, Sergeant A! I'm an other friendly Guardsman to Sergeant B. "That begin their activation within  3:aura of one or models with this Ability" - hehey, that's me, Sergeant A, since I begin my activation within 3" of a model with this ability (that model being me).

This kind of interplay was one of the things on Metal Gamin that resulted in the rewording of Protection of Metal to specify non-Metal Gamin as valid targets. If the Guard Sergeants are deemed a little too good because they can do that (at 12 stones for a pair, I don't think it's nearly as wonky as the Metal Gamin's ability was at 4 stones to turn yourself into a 6 Df H2K Armor +1 Defensive +2 objective camper), there would (or will be) an additional bit of wording to specify non-Guild Sergeants.

Until then, as @Math Mathonwy points out, the wording permits this usage.

• Like 1