Grave Spirit

Fictor

Hi dudes!

I usually plays vs Resus and one of my friends ALLWAYS play the Grave Spirit, and he plays It very, very well

The +2 Armor it's a true pain when I play Marcus/Howard... Etc

Some advices vs that? 

With Marcus I was thinking to hire Hans, hit with a Raptor for beast trigger and can be nice with Alpha and chant xD

Thx fow answers!!!

Willie ignores armour and can whittle down the Graveyard Spirit (Grave Spirit is extradimensional horror that makes Tyrants get their brown pants) with :blast at the same time.

Joss ignores armour.

Silent One for Ca :blast without :ranged, excellent for sniping.

Anyone with a push, Performer, The Captain.

He always cover his spirit with anoter mini like Datsueba or the Master to denny LoS and Ml atacks if I didn't have more Ht than this minis.

Hit the spirit if I didn't ignore incorpireal it's hard because 4wd transforms in 8wd :P

For this reason think on Hans, with mask ignore incorporeal and have 36" focus

No, 4 was incorporeal does not = 8 wounds. This is a pet peeve of mine because it is spouted so often and it is so inaccurate. For example let's say you have a model with minimum damage 3 that attacks and hits him. You cannot do half wounds, so you have to round, and Malifaux rounds up. So your min damage 3 model hits him, does min damage, and therefore does 2 damage. Hit him again for 3 and you kill him, translating into at max 6 wounds, or a better way to look at it 2 AP average to kill him. Basically all his incorporeal actually does is make it harder to kill him via spike dmg from moderate or severe, and make it easier to move through terrain. It doesn't actually make him all that difficult to kill.

Also keep in mind he himself has no armor, no hard to wound, and VERY low defense, so you are unlikely even with the worst of your models to miss him. 
Also remember that incorporeal only applies to ML and SH attacks. Doing damage via falling, Ca attacks, conditions, or anything other than those two specific damage sources just totally ignores incorporeal. 

Back to how to beat him, if he is clustering his models that tightly to keep the Grave Spirit protected I'm not certain how you are losing, as that is dictating a large amount of his movement, which makes his list way more inefficient than the armor bonus provides, and basically is just asking for you to blast your opponent apart via auras and blasts. 

• Like 2

Ofc Howard can easy kill him, but I didn't want waste 2 Ap of my best hitter on him

I doesn't say that makes me loss, but it's bad for my first turn charge with Marcus+IE/Howard+IE/Myranda Cerverus

And, the best miniature to kill that Spirit at the Turn 1, before my hitter was activated, in my opinion it's Hans, but I allways prefer read all tactics  searching for a better strategy

Hans can kill it but it's pretty resource intensive if you want to do it at long range, first discard a :mask, then cheat high enough to get a cheatable damage flip, finally cheat a severe for damage. Doing it at 18" is more reasonable as two weak will kill it after discarding a :mask. Still, I think Hans is pretty expensive at 9 SS for this.

Also, since Accomplice and Companion are really rare in Ressers you should have opportunities to attack either the Spirit or your favoured target while he is setting up his little huddle.

And you can't pick other targets first round to play around this slightly less than optimal matchup?

Or what about actually delaying the charge to 2nd turn, maybe he has to spread out a little at that point to actually score, which let's you kill unprotected models?

Not every game is the same, and it might as well be that you have to alter your tactics a bit, depending on the enemy you are facing, don't you think? ;)

If Armor is the problem du jour, Smell Weakness off of December Acolytes turns it off and you get the added bonus of Frozen Heart and being able to hand out slow or drag things out of position.

Run an Oxfordian Mage or two and Incorporeal means less than nothing. Silent Ones also use Ca attacks, and as mentioned can blast, giving you even more ways to hurt your opponent's crew if they bunch up.

As @Tris mentioned: we're not exactly hurting for Ca attack actions in our faction's hiring pool. It's kind of the Arcanist thing to shelter unsanctioned magic users ;)

We have plenty of good Ca attacks, some of which also ignore armour, but most of them are on fairly immobile platforms - think Mages/Ramos/Gunsmiths. They lose some of their firepower and much of their positioning when they Walk to get around cover, get into LoS or into range to take the shot, while exposing themselves to a counter attack or a Lure.

I reckon Cassandra is one of the best choices to consider if you're really troubled by the spirit. She's generally a good all rounder model anyway, so she's rarely a liability to hire. Her Ca action is amazing against low Df targets. Walk with Nimble, Focus, cast Breathe of Fire for that 2/3:blast/5:blast:blast damage track. You're looking to nuke a target in front and blast backwards to kill the spirit and wound anyone else nearby, while neatly auto triggering her push to scoot 4" to safety. If she's still exposed to a counter attack, Southern Charm is a thing.

A few days ago I used her in this manner to kill 2 Void Wretches and Karina in one go, then push just out of charge range of the opponent. Cassandra's filthy, I'm starting to play her in almost every list now.