Is Fingers too expensive?

Macumazahn

12 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

So you're not feeling the love for any of the above - the fact is, both models bring more to the table - almost literally - than you're giving them credit for.

I absolutely see what the Doppleganger brings to the table. I just said I couldn't make it do what I'm told it can do.

Trixie I absolutely want to try because I know the value of a good Push.

• Like 1

Trixie's Lure is something pretty unique to the Gremlins (other than Ophelia, that is) and her Push is very powerful. I don't understand how you can go through a game and not find ample opportunities for using these. Positioning is one of the most important aspects of the game and disrupting the opponent's positioning while helping your own is great and Trixie's toolbox is one of the most powerful in the game when it comes to that. I use Gremlin Lure far, far more than Ill Omens.

I have great difficulty understanding how a person can not appreciate that extremely highly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EpicWaffle said:

Without forgetting the fact that that same push can turn out in a long range slow with the right card/stone

Aye! This can in effect end up "Paralyzing" enemy models as they spend their sole AP moving back to where they were.

In one game my Trixiebelle leisurely kept a Shadow Emissary at bay and useless by Pushing him away while Slowing him all game long. And Trixie was able to do Scheming and shooting while dealing with the Emissary.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Aye! This can in effect end up "Paralyzing" enemy models as they spend their sole AP moving back to where they were.

In one game my Trixiebelle leisurely kept a Shadow Emissary at bay and useless by Pushing him away while Slowing him all game long. And Trixie was able to do Scheming and shooting while dealing with the Emissary.

I did it with 2 illuminated :D mainly luck driven, but it was brutal xD

Also, the zero action of trixie can accomplish a lot of schemes if well done (convict is an example). I'm on board with you on the 1 mate vs trixie debate: there shouldn't even be one since  they're two different pieces regarding their capability and functionality with the only similarity in the fact that they serve a similar purpose of scheming/annoying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flinroz said:

I dunno, different people, different preferences.

No one is trying to take away anyone's toys, we are just stating a preference for different ones.

Too true - and we all get different things out of any given models, according to our playstyles. It's just that there have been a few subjective comments made as though the poster thinks they're being objective, so the rest of us are trying to help them see what they're missing :-)

And again - this did start as a thread about Fingers, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

And again - this did start as a thread about Fingers, right?

It did.. and as sometimes happens, people started thinking about how else they would spend the stones (which gets into the subjective stuff) and bringing it up in here.

This may seem like a valid justification for arguments against spending the stones on Fingers. I would even argue that it is a valid justification if you're comparing him to another model that would do the same job, because we are hiring him for a specific job, right? If you're comparing him to models that do different jobs, it's not really a valid justification--because those models do different kinds of work.

This gets into subjective territory, because it's personal preference how you decide you want to get work done with the strat/scheme pool you're going to be playing into. How you're going to go about getting work done will affect who you want to hire when you're comparing Trixie to Fingers. I'm sure if we all worked in isolation, we'd come up with as many different justifications for crew hiring decisions as we have people thinking about it.

If it were comparing models who would be doing similar work (i.e. pretend we're talking about hiring mercs for lures and the question comes up: Performers vs Oiran, and you're only hiring them for their lure, which one is more economic?), then we would have a comparison of apples to apples.

As I mentioned before, if you're thinking he's too expensive then you might not be hiring him into the right strat/scheme pool and crew, because how you have decided to go about scoring points may not call for the tools he brings to the table.

• Like 2