Rasputina post RoF

wizuriel

6 hours ago, kaintxu said:

So if I just plant some pillars blocking someones way but laeving a gap enough to see thorugh, even if the enemy model is within 1" of the pillars and some of the lines blocked, he does not gain cover at all?

Mmmm, I have seen your quotas from the rule book, but is this widely accepted? If so great for me, because I have always played is as if it gave cover.

Cheers,

Yes. Kind of silly, but thems the rules.

On the flipside, it doesn't impede your shooting either.

6 hours ago, kaintxu said:

So if I just plant some pillars blocking someones way but laeving a gap enough to see thorugh, even if the enemy model is within 1" of the pillars and some of the lines blocked, he does not gain cover at all?

Mmmm, I have seen your quotas from the rule book, but is this widely accepted? If so great for me, because I have always played is as if it gave cover.

Cheers,

Other game systems use everything as cover, so if you're coming in from another system (like me) there may be a period of adjustment/confusion on some of the finer details like this. One of the things that's interesting about setting the board up is that you and your opponent (and TO/Henchman when needed) agree to what traits all terrain on the board has before the game.

In the case of markers like Ice Pillars from Raspy, Forests from Lilith, and Pyre Markers from Kaeris and Sonnia, those traits are defined in the effect that actually creates them. This is what sets them apart from terrain that's already on the board. The FAQ provides clarification on how these markers are treated (as terrain, because they have terrain traits) because there was no cut and dry explanation in the base rules.

22 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Whereas Ice Pillars are just Ht5 Severe?

They have the Ht 5, Blocking, and Impassible traits.

So Wind Wall doesn't block LOS but gives Soft Cover, and can be walked through but with movement penalties.  Ice Pillars give no cover but can't be moved through and do block LOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retnab said:

They have the Ht 5, Blocking, and Impassible traits.

So Wind Wall doesn't block LOS but gives Soft Cover, and can be walked through but with movement penalties.  Ice Pillars give no cover but can't be moved through and do block LOS.

Excellent! Thanks Retnab!

• Like 1

Going back a bit to earlier parts - Wendigo can consume Paralyzed models.  Rasputina can paralyze models.  There is no restriction on Devour.  Masters, 13ss Henchmen, things with 4 armor and hard to kill, whatever.  Just paralyze it and eat it.

Also, Wendigo has companion (I think that's the name), so you can activate Rasputina, paralyze something, end her turn, activate Wendigo, charge, Devour.  If you have the right card in hand, it's basically a guaranteed kill.  Two if you can position right.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

Going back a bit to earlier parts - Wendigo can consume Paralyzed models.  Rasputina can paralyze models.  There is no restriction on Devour.  Masters, 13ss Henchmen, things with 4 armor and hard to kill, whatever.  Just paralyze it and eat it.

Also, Wendigo has companion (I think that's the name), so you can activate Rasputina, paralyze something, end her turn, activate Wendigo, charge, Devour.  If you have the right card in hand, it's basically a guaranteed kill.  Two if you can position right.

My first game of m2e, the Wendigo devoured Marcus :)

21 hours ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

My first game of m2e, the Wendigo devoured Marcus :)

One of my first games against Gremlins, when I realized almost everything was Ht 1, I taught my opponent to fear the Wendigo :P He devoured a nearly full health Francois early on, felt good.