Divergent Paths: Gremlin Edition

Parker Barrows

1 hour ago, Tris said:

Fortunately it's not only about the guy, I'm at the shop 2-3 days a week, so I try to get all 3 story encounters (2 so far, will go for the Lady at saturday, with my Ressers - against Gremlins ^^) and I try to get everyone involved, as I think it's a great opportunity to instill a sense of competition into my fellow players while I get to try some new crews ;)

Sounds like you are a proper Malifaux activist, just yours truely here :)
I am playing the Child this evening after work and I am terribly tempted to go Full Hog on the encounter. If I do this however my true loyalty that lies with the treacherously disloyal Ten Thunders will be sullied... Actually, whatever. I'll decide on the spot and play what I want :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Actually, whatever. I'll decide on the spot and play what I want :D

That's the best idea one could have ^^

(even though I find the potential TT outcome rather boring ;) )

I still hope that we'll be able to get the child a rooster and turn that undead, but let's see how the events turn out eventually :)

20 minutes ago, Tris said:

That's the best idea one could have ^^

(even though I find the potential TT outcome rather boring ;) )

I still hope that we'll be able to get the child a rooster and turn that undead, but let's see how the events turn out eventually :)

I agree, the Chi-Chi monkly-ness is the boring out of the three TT outcomes, while the Rooster is stellar. But an undead Rooster? I say stuff it with explosives and let it rampage around, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

I agree, the Chi-Chi monkly-ness is the boring out of the three TT outcomes, while the Rooster is stellar. But an undead Rooster? I say stuff it with explosives and rampage around, too.

I can't wait for section two, now actually more interesting than this one, because I want to know how they handle the self-evolving story^^

1 hour ago, Tris said:

I can't wait for section two, now actually more interesting than this one, because I want to know how they handle the self-evolving story^^

I am was curious whether Wyrd have five stories/abilities for each encounter that they plan on giving in mixed order, or if the next phase's stories are set and only the outcomes are different (easier to do). It is technically possible to have prepared seven outcomes for each of the seven outcomes of the previous week, but that would be mind-boggling.

• Like 1

Another great game won for the Gremlins tonight. Panicked Flight won for the green team. Also my first game verses Collodi.

Felt like stepping off the Zipp wagon for a day, but I brought the First Mate along on the trip. Along with an airship loaded with glowy magic pianos to drop on unsuspecting puppets courtesy of Wong. Quick murdered Lazarus fairly early with a red jokered piano into some Wong blast damage, then crushed Widowweaver next turn.  For those who miss oh glowy pigapults, try oh glowy First Mate pianos.

Alas the child was snatched from the hands of the Neverborn by the last witchling stalker that "slipped" past Wong (and then promptly rescued off camera by a rooster rider to keep things on track for the Gremlin path story). Also Sammy was struck by a freak lightning bolt which was totally not Wong preventing Take Prisoner.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Izzinatah said:

Played Chaos Unleashed yesterday as part of our Shifting Loyalties Campaign and brought home another victory for the Gremlins! Blind Deployment wasn't as hectic as the last time I played it, maybe I'll actually use The Trickster's Favour that I got for winning :D

What is the deal with that Trickster's Favour?

EDIT: nevermind!  Just read the bit about gaining that card in Shifting Loyalties...durp.

Unleashed Chaos last night against Perdita and her Family, walking away with a win for the greenskins!  Som'er hid Gremlinfully in the backfield, summoning Bayous and watching them die for cards, while Mancha Roja, Lenny and The Sow kinda made good use of the Blind Deployment to start doing damage straight away.  MVP = The Sow, killing Perdita, a Death Marshal and the Enslaved Nephilim.  Good girl.

• Like 3

Zipp took Karai in Panicked Flight.  Blocked off the center of the board with markers then daisy chained the child to the corner.  Burt and an Iron Skeeter on one flank and Raphael and an Iron Skeeter on the other to kill Witchlings.  Zipp is impossible to pin down and always where he needs to be.  The First Mate pushing models around while eating scheme markers AND cycling through cards like there is no tomorrow, all the while adding stones to the pool, makes him a new standard for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wyrmfist said:

Zipp took Karai in Panicked Flight.  Blocked off the center of the board with markers then daisy chained the child to the corner.  Burt and an Iron Skeeter on one flank and Raphael and an Iron Skeeter on the other to kill Witchlings.  Zipp is impossible to pin down and always where he needs to be.  The First Mate pushing models around while eating scheme markers AND cycling through cards like there is no tomorrow, all the while adding stones to the pool, makes him a new standard for me.

Zipp being everywhere is what I love about him.  I've had great success with Zipp and Earl never leaving each other's side, and if Frame for Murder is in the pool, Earl is my target.  It's a guaranteed 3 points because nobody wants to leave Earl alive when Zipp is getting his defensive trigger and Ml trigger built in.  I've gotten good use out of Ml to drop the enemy 5" away, and then shooting them to lower their walk, essentially making them take 2 walk actions to get back where they want to be.

Mildly disappointing that the kid ended up with the inferior option. Not surprised that three of the original factions took the wins. Ill be pleasantly surprised if Ten Thunders or Gremlins score a win, let alone earn a model.

The trickster stands out for me this session. A better taxidermist is really appealing. The man is second because Wong is in the fluff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

GAWD! I can't decide whether a pit-fighting Magical (?) werewolf for Wong would be cooler than a werewolf lawyer for Lucius...  

Nup - really can't decide which is better!

It's easy to pick. There is no WAY you can make a pun out of that which is worse than legal (were-)beagle. :P

And I know what I want! A little mechromancer, and if she can attach herself to the Guild's construct workshop so much the better for her (and so much worse for Hoffman who would prefer peace and quiet and all the scrap metal not scattered all over the shop while being made into tiny Teddy type constructs). It doesn't mean I won't help with the self-righteous man. I just won't really want him around.

• Like 1

I'm kinda hoping at least one character makes the full five faction swap around. Just to see how Wyrd makes a cohesive character out of something that confused. Preferably the more pronounced paths, not the found x iconic faction weapon off a corpse paths. Bonus points if the model winner is a faction that always came in second but never won a path.

• Like 3