Jump to content

Ripples of Fate Musings: The Guild


AgentRock
 Share

Recommended Posts

Front page news.  Love your work.

I'm thinking from the description on the Witchling Thralls that Lucius may love them, "always pass horror duels" would seem to mean his special ability would work for them (as it is always pass and not immune, correct).  Add to that they are super tank minions on a big base that hit pretty hard and heal.  Seems legit for my favorite guild/NB when I'm not playing Arcanist's master.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dancater said:

Front page news.  Love your work.

I'm thinking from the description on the Witchling Thralls that Lucius may love them, "always pass horror duels" would seem to mean his special ability would work for them (as it is always pass and not immune, correct).  Add to that they are super tank minions on a big base that hit pretty hard and heal.  Seems legit for my favorite guild/NB when I'm not playing Arcanist's master.  

What you said. I figures there was a reason they phrased it that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dancater said:

Front page news.  Love your work.

I'm thinking from the description on the Witchling Thralls that Lucius may love them, "always pass horror duels" would seem to mean his special ability would work for them (as it is always pass and not immune, correct).  Add to that they are super tank minions on a big base that hit pretty hard and heal.  Seems legit for my favorite guild/NB when I'm not playing Arcanist's master.  

Basically seconding what you said about about the Witchling Thrall - that auto Horror duel pass is too sweet to pass up for Lucius' crew, but I'm taking a look at Phiona Gage & Allison Dade. Nice to have a decent pick of henchmen for a change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RodneyAnon said:

Basically seconding what you said about about the Witchling Thrall - that auto Horror duel pass is too sweet to pass up for Lucius' crew, but I'm taking a look at Phiona Gage & Allison Dade. Nice to have a decent pick of henchmen for a change.

Two Df6 Wp6 Henchmen. Guild stahp!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Witchling Thrall sounds perfect for McCabe as well. I like how it meshes with so many of our masters. I'm really curious to see how Allison Dade turns out on the table. I kind of hope Guardsmen become better in general between her shenanigans and Dashel's upgrade.

Phiona's 50mm blocking hard cover sounds fantastic, but I'm not quite sold on her yet. I wish she had been given the construct characteristic like other "augmented" characters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thralls should be nice for spreading burning as they lack :ranged and can bump up Wp to 6 vs Sonnia, so you get a :+fate from Ancient runes with no cover. They are minions so McCabe can reactivate them. They autopass Horror duels so their even better in Lucius.

 

Recruiters are overall great enforcers and with a Debt to the Guild and Promises they have :+fate Ml6 with min damage 4 IIRC (2+Debt+built in Crit-Strike). They also can somewhat replace Frank in Lady Justice lists or just block Franks Death. 

 

Allison will probably work nice with Nellie due to a lot of bad decision it forces. She needs Guardsman near the enemy to up the damage, so probably dogs, Wardens, Dashel and Queeg might be nice to have.

 

Phiona is very good. She costs the same as Frank and has a similar damage output but can block charges, have Df7 and has a better Enfretente a Mi! because while she needs a 5, she can strike after it. 

 

Overall I think the new models increased Guild surviability, melee, shooting and board control. 2 recruiters with Judge/Abuela can easily kill a buried KJ/Dreamer/Leveticus, especially with Promises, so it forces our opponents to think about their crews a bit more :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely some exciting stuff.

Phiona is interesting.  I wouldn't take her with her upgrade, but her core card feels very strong.  Her tactical actions are both very good and her melee attack is very solid.  She's kind of like Frank stripped of El Mayor with a little control for a small discount.  I think she might be a good replacement in a few lists; maybe even Sonnia's.

The DMR feels like he might be able to do what the Handler could not.  Between this as the Emissary, I feel like Lady J's Marshal crew could actually work quite well here soon.

Thralls are interesting as they enable a lot of great things for pretty much every master, but they're expensive enough you're not just throwing them in.  I'm excited to find a place for them though.  It shouldn't be hard to find one.  If nothing else, I've played games against enough random low Df high Wp models to know what they let Sonnia do to the board...

Allison looks really fun and fluffy, but I'm not sure she's got a reliable enough plan to see serious play.  That said, in non-serious play, she's one of those models in which you really need to fully announce every trigger you declare.  She might be the best in that regard... certainly since McMourning...

Field Reporters are amazing, but that's old news. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Well now I want to run Allison with Doctor Dufresne for the full Innocence experience. And a guardsman package could easily be thrown in depending on the scheme pool. All the best trigger and action announcements.

Speaking of which I hope Dufresne makes another appearance at Black Friday this year.

Now they just need a Mercenary Widow Ferris you can hire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why you dislike the upgrade on Phiona? :+fate to damage flips vs activated models seems good. With Nellie it seems even more potent as you can delay activations.

 

DMR seem like one of the best Enforcers in Guild. Good Offence, good Df, nice mobility and some support skills. I agree Handlers should be like that.

 

Thralls are all-round good minions. Lucius can move them and give them attacks, McCabe can reactivate them, They can help Sonnia hit/ignore Soft cover. They can be inspired by Lady Justice.

 

Allison will probably best with Nellie and maybe Lucius/McCabe as they have access to guardsmen. Slow, 1 dmg and force discard seems nice and with Austringers you can really mess with a non-Lynch hand ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, trikk said:

Why you dislike the upgrade on Phiona? :+fate to damage flips vs activated models seems good. With Nellie it seems even more potent as you can delay activations.

Basically, I just feel like one of her biggest draws is just that she's a very efficient package as is.  One more stone puts her in more direct competition with Frank and I don't think she does quite enough to win that fight with that bonus.

It's not like she needs it much anyway.  She's got a solid min damage that doesn't increase all that much.  I'd just rather spend the stone elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I both agree and disagree ;)

I understand that if she would be 3/4/6 it would probably be more worth it but the ability to cheat damage might sometimes be very valuable. 

And to be honest I`m very glad we disagree as it shows that the upgrade is nice but not Wade in level required. I actually prefer models that have nice-but-not-mandatory upgrades.

 

I think A Debt/Numb to the World can work on her and I think she`s the closest to a Frank substitue we`ll get :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LunarSol said:

Basically, I just feel like one of her biggest draws is just that she's a very efficient package as is.  One more stone puts her in more direct competition with Frank and I don't think she does quite enough to win that fight with that bonus.

It's not like she needs it much anyway.  She's got a solid min damage that doesn't increase all that much.  I'd just rather spend the stone elsewhere.

You should give it a shot. She can potentially make a lot of attacks with Nellie and they're spread over two activations so there's a good chance of using the buff. Sure, min 3 damage is great, but on a straight flip you're just as likely to get moderate damage without cheating and if your hand is good you can guarantee that or more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Phiona's upgrade, and I have some theories about Nellie that I'm going to test out tonight. 

I intend to run her with Delegation rather than Misleading Headlines though. I think I'll get more milage out of it. Guild funds and Embedded are too good not to take, even if you aren't taking mercs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

You should give it a shot. She can potentially make a lot of attacks with Nellie and they're spread over two activations so there's a good chance of using the buff. Sure, min 3 damage is great, but on a straight flip you're just as likely to get moderate damage without cheating and if your hand is good you can guarantee that or more.

Fair enough.  Certainly with more attacks it improves.  Part of my mild disinterest is that I'm curious to try the generic journalist upgrade on her more.  Her turning all her targets into scheme marker pinatas sounds really fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information