Bases for these little buggers

Reagusmage

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:52 AM, Reagusmage said:

Been looking around and damn its hard to find bayou styled bases!

The closest I've found (within the uk at least) are: http://shop.microartstudio.com/wood-bases-wround-30mm-5-p-1158.html

You guys think they would work as bayou styled bases for Gremlins? Or did you make your own? 

Share with me any and all basing advice guys!

MY method for bayou bases:

Using plastic bases (regular with the space beneath them.
I cut out random section of the base. I glue plasticard under the base so it's contained.
On top I put some sand and larger gravel as well as laying out little cut pieces of wood to look like planks and decks over the holes in the base (water) the wood sticks come from hobby lobby just tiny 1/4 inch wide or smaller to make planks and railings.

When it's all said and done I add some flock and then static grass. The plan is to add water effects to the holes that I cut out of the bases but I haven't gotten that far yet.

cheers,

I'll get a pic up.

14 hours ago, papasmrf667 said:

the wood sticks come from hobby lobby just tiny 1/4 inch wide or smaller to make planks and railings.

Coffee stirrers can also make really nice planks. Whenever you go for a coffee, take three stirrers ;) 

...or you can buy a thousand(!) for five bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Count-Coffee-Beverage-Stirrers/dp/B001FVPAOE

While true, I also don't have much in the way of hobby time and I've never been good at scratch building. I like to spend what I have painting. So if I can buy predone resin bases, I will. Same reason I buy pre-coloured plastcraft terrain. I don't enjoy painting terrain and don't like to put my hobby time towards it.