low piglet ulix?

shahryar

So I am planning to start Ulix but I do not have many piglets(or pigs of any sort.

I essentially have a box of piglets and then a box of piglets i turned into stuffed piglets since they werent out at the time, Aside from that I do not have much swine related stuff, mostly starter boxes every everyone but brewmaster, some slop haulers, merris, sammy, and an extra box of bayous.

So mostly starting with that for now.

My main Ulix list does not start out with piglets on the board, so THAT'S doable, but I usually end up with 3-6 piglets on the board by the end of the match.

Merris, Sammy are pretty good. Lenny is useful, but you basically have Old Major (who IS good) and like 3 piglets. Can it be done? Sure, but it's fairly inefficient. Ulix isn't going to have a whole lot to do unless you run all three wild boars.

You could lead a boar and Major up to something you want to charge after a nudge em with Major, have Ulix use his bow to give the extra damage condition, shoot it in the rear and have it charge at a :+fate:+fate to Attack and a :+fate to Damage without it having even activated, but...

I dunno. You're really not maximizing Ulix's Ap and when he's not summoning or poking pigs, he already struggles to find things to spend his AP on as it is.

I had a game just today where I had maybe 5 piglets (no more than three at a time), Old Major and summoned two War Pigs (non-concurrently). It's totally doable. I'd probably bring a boar or two and focus on poking the heck out of them. Let piglets work as a distraction. Probably hand the bow over to Sammy, if you take it at all.

27 minutes ago, Ryin said:

You could lead a boar and Major up to something you want to charge after a nudge em with Major, have Ulix use his bow to give the extra damage condition, shoot it in the rear and have it charge at a :+fate:+fate to Attack and a :+fate to Damage without it having even activated, but...

Old Major only gives :+fates to attack and damage during the pig's activation unfortunately.

I rarely run Ulix for scheme marker heavy missions.

Not because there's anything wrong with him, but because I favour Zoraida or Somer for those missions.

So I normally only summon piglets to sponge activations.

This means I tend to focus on building a cavalry unit of warpigs.

I start with old major and Gracie and summon from them.

How many 50mm pigs do you have?

26 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

I had a game just today where I had maybe 5 piglets (no more than three at a time), Old Major and summoned two War Pigs (non-concurrently). It's totally doable. I'd probably bring a boar or two and focus on poking the heck out of them. Let piglets work as a distraction. Probably hand the bow over to Sammy, if you take it at all.

Old Major only gives :+fates to attack and damage during the pig's activation unfortunately.

My bad, I thought it was anytime it charged.

and I prefer the pig farm over the pigball for Ulix myself. A warpig and 2 piglets a turn? Yes, please.

15 hours ago, Vorschlag said:

I rarely run Ulix for scheme marker heavy missions.

Not because there's anything wrong with him, but because I favour Zoraida or Somer for those missions.

So I normally only summon piglets to sponge activations.

This means I tend to focus on building a cavalry unit of warpigs.

I start with old major and Gracie and summon from them.

How many 50mm pigs do you have?

What??? But with Cornhusks you get to drop scheme markers for free and they get to heal by eating the opponents scheme markers.

piglet spam is good in distract, cursed object, catch & release and exhaust their forces since they can charge in from 8" and still (1) interact, potentially even as a (0) from Corn Husks, and also pretty good for Interference and to a lesser extent Reconnoiter - you get to engage everything and they're very hard to kill.

the thing about taxidermists though is that there are so many things you could spend 7 stones on instead: Burt, Raphael, Sammy or even a Rooster Rider + a spare stone. It can work but I'd probably say they're better suited to spam in a Som'er summoning list instead.