Two Questions: Collodi and Iggy

goth

Question

Does Collodi have an engagement range?  I'm thinking the answer to this is no.

Could somebody help me understand Iggy's "Incite" (0) action?  Target gets "Mood Swing" until the start of its next activation... if I'm understanding it correctly, you can put this on a model that's either already activated or not... and instead of activating some other model, they can activate the "Mood Swing" model and lose the other model's activation for that turn?

7 answers to this question

Does collodi have any actions with :meleein the range?

If the answer is no, then he does not have an engagement range.

(His base card doesn't have an engagement range, but you could give him one if you are playing a shifting loyalties campaign for example). 

Mood swings means that when it is the opponents chance to activate a model, you can make them choose that model if it is a legal choice. (So if you put mood swing a on a model that has already activated and doesn't have re activate, mood swings won't come into play until next turn). 

It doesn't give them any extra activations or prevent any models activating, it just plays around with the order they get to activate in. 

Is that clear enough? Its one of those abilities that can be hard to explain, but once you understand it, its fine. 

Oh I get it, "the opponent" is me since the condition is on their model.  Thanks.

Also, I hear that Iggy cannot use the "Melancholy" action (to give enemies "Nobody Likes Me") from the "Depression" upgrade if Iggy is the one with the upgrade.

Note:  When they do have Mood Swing,  They should be asking you if you want them to activate the Mood Swing model before they declare they are activating a model.   No, forcing them to activate the Mood Swing model after they declared another model.

2 hours ago, Artiee said:

Note:  When they do have Mood Swing,  They should be asking you if you want them to activate the Mood Swing model before they declare they are activating a model.   No, forcing them to activate the Mood Swing model after they declared another model.

That sounds like an assumption that leads to long debates about sportsmanship and etc. If you want to force the Mood Swings'd model to activate, I'd say you have the chance to say so when you are finishing your model's activation. It should never be your opponent's responsibility to remind you of your abilities.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

That sounds like an assumption that leads to long debates about sportsmanship and etc. If you want to force the Mood Swings'd model to activate, I'd say you have the chance to say so when you are finishing your model's activation. It should never be your opponent's responsibility to remind you of your abilities.

The requirements of courtesy go both ways.  And, more importantly, the responsibility to follow the rules of the game applies equally to both players.

Because one can just as easily tell you that your assumption leads to people stepping on the other player's declaration and trying to never give them a chance to pause for breath between ending their activation and stating whether or not they're going to use Mood Swing to decide the next activation.

13 minutes ago, solkan said:

The requirements of courtesy go both ways.  And, more importantly, the responsibility to follow the rules of the game applies equally to both players.

Because one can just as easily tell you that your assumption leads to people stepping on the other player's declaration and trying to never give them a chance to pause for breath between ending their activation and stating whether or not they're going to use Mood Swing to decide the next activation.

My point wasn't made well. I meant to say that, because of this debate we've started towards right now, this is not the right place for a conversation about how and when and who should say anything about Mood Swings.