Molly

Molly consensus? Spirits or Horrors?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spirits by an order of magnitude. I've posted why already in numerous threads. It's also irrelevant if another master is better at a particular playstyle. Spirits are better than horrors, at the present time, with Molly ad your question was about which was better for her. That said, horrors aren't bad, and thematically feel more appropriate, at least to me.

It basically comes down to two things. The first is the ability to summon the Hanged, who are rubbish hires but silly powerful summons, especially if you have access to accomplice. The second is in built synergy. Horrors have almost no internal synergy with each other. Spirits do. Spirits can buff each other with adversary, and before that are as good as Horrors. So add that synergy in and it just is too good to offset.

Dont get me wrong both are good and viable, but spirits currently have the leg up on horrors. Every new book release though has the potential to upset that equation though.

• Like 3

Also note that Spirits have just been released in plastic for the first time very recently, and many dont have them available yet to play.

Horrors are also much easier to play, as they have no complicated synergies, and support the "kill everything" playstyle that new players find easier to grasp.

Not that Horror Molly is bad, but she more of a one trick pony in that regard. 

Most people also like dropping a hanged out of no where and smacking a high value target or two with it.

It's a combination of all of the above, though I would speculate it's more to do with the spirits only recently becoming available and basically needing a massive investment of models to make that build work. Much less expensive out the gate to play horrors.