How would you help Tara?

Jordon

1 hour ago, Freman said:

Or the "artificial soulstone" rule from Colette.

That would be great. Especially since she could also unbury more reliably once a turn. This and the too high requirement to cast Whispers from the Void are two of my main problems with her. 

You all miss the problem. IMO Tara's (and all her crew)  problem lies in necessity of buffing enemy models to gain own buffs. 

When you play Kaeris you give burn to enemy and your attak and tricks improve, when you use Sonnia eithr it easy to hit opponent or you got :+fate beacuse of high willpower and when enemy is burning it's even easier for you.

Tara and all her crew benefit from fast enemy.  You cant go wrong with burning enemy with Kaeris. Even if flip goes wrong and you wont make use of burn it hurt oponent. With Tara you mus be Sure enemy will not survive to it's next activation. And it's not easier when you cannot affect TN of Glipmse. 

That is the real problem with Tara IMO

1 hour ago, Crabsy said:

You all miss the problem. IMO Tara's (and all her crew)  problem lies in necessity of buffing enemy models to gain own buffs. 

When you play Kaeris you give burn to enemy and your attak and tricks improve, when you use Sonnia eithr it easy to hit opponent or you got :+fate beacuse of high willpower and when enemy is burning it's even easier for you.

Tara and all her crew benefit from fast enemy.  You cant go wrong with burning enemy with Kaeris. Even if flip goes wrong and you wont make use of burn it hurt oponent. With Tara you mus be Sure enemy will not survive to it's next activation. And it's not easier when you cannot affect TN of Glipmse. 

That is the real problem with Tara IMO

Exactly. And same truth the "Adran" post.

The problem is - having her thematic crew underpowered - and playing at best ignoring her mechanics...Tara is not strong enough to be a leader.

Just compare her with Shenlong if you use Tara to spread fast around. Shenlong can do the same but it's much more tough, it does more DMG and instead of doing 1 dmg to your model he will push 6" the piece...or maybe he will push 6" and slow enemy. Much more strong. Then he has its mechanics which are much more usable than the Tara bury / discard / fast.

I'd like to have game vs who believe she is strong or at least fair to understand their point :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Taras biggest problem probably is that she plays best by ignoring a lot of the bury/fast/self-hand-discard theme that at first glance of her box set appears to be the way to play her. 

Just use her as a 6AP scheme runner, then?

Well that's certainly 1 way. She will put out more damage at range than Perdita if you want, and is pretty hard to put down in shooting or casting.  The versitility of 6 ok ap means that whilst her individual actions might not look as powerful as other masters, her overall effect is typically comparable. (And I don't think its always right to activate her first to get the re-activate.). 

I was just thinking, it seems like everytime a new book is talked about this thread or one like it pops up. I recommend several solutions:

1) Does the master need to be reworked? She is a gimic master with some neat tricks but lacking in just about everything else. I would be great if she had an easy way to bury models for instance and I do not think that should be an upgrade.

2) Do the models that she use need to be expanded or reworked? Do void critters work well or are they just more stuff piled on her gimmick that seem to fail. Through the breach has a great pursuit where you work for her and mimic some of her powers could that be a class.

3) Do her current upgrade be changed? Maybe the positive initiative flip should be Ill Omen.

4) Is she fine the way she is? Through an oath keeper Bishiop in you enemy face by using her as the means to get him there. Some how I am remember Red Magnus from Disgaea 5 playing toss the Killia.

I tend to feel that slapping another upgrade on her is covering what the problem may be but does not fix it. You do not put a bandage on Anthrax, you use a topical antibiotic.

Could we add a poll or something to this?

• Like 1