Tuco Beginner question

Apache

Heya folks, Im very new to malifaux, I hadnt even played a game yet, and Im still choosing a crew for the neverborn. But one model caught my eye, I have listened to all of the breachside broadcast episodes to get acquainted with this new world. Neverborn are my favorite, and Tuco, is by far my favorite character, why you ask, well because its a former member of the Ortega clan, a clan of neverborn hunters. And he turned into a nephilim, simply amazing. So, my question is, and its a silly one, where would Tuco really shine ? What crew box should I get to field him with use ?  I read some stuff about him on Pullmyfinger, and I know he might be complicated to play, but hey whats the fun in playing easy op stuff ? Hoping for your answers, thank you.

Tuco thematically fits with Lilith, and he gives her a bit of ranged power. I haven't used him much to see where I prefer him, but the general consensus is he's not overly great. Personally I'll keep using him with Lilith because I like playing themed lists.

I usually run him with Lilith, mostly on anything that needs me to hold the centre from the start.

Though recently I've been playing him with Zoraida. Using Lelu and Lilitu to pounce on anything he pushes their way with his 0 action. I'd say though that he could fit into any Neverborn crew quite easily.

Forgot to say, his defence trigger (giving -1WP to enemy models in 4" when he takes damage) is great for most crews that have cast actions.

8 hours ago, -Loki- said:

...the general consensus is he's not overly great. Personally I'll keep using him with Lilith because I like playing themed lists.

I seem to agree; on paper he appears underwhelming.. but he does look rad cool so who cares! 
7 ss though... hmmm 

He's a decent answer to the Ratjoy problem, as he can deploy up the board. He's pretty decent shooting in a faction with almost no shooting. He's got some fun movement shenanigans, but, this is Neverborn, doesn't everything? He's really a better thematic choice than a hardcore competitive one, but he can get some work done. As above, bring him with Killjoy and 1) the opponent ignores him so he can do some attacks, drop markers, score on Show of Force or Hunting Party, or 2) the opponent kills him, and Killjoy comes out to wreck face.

7 hours ago, thebarbalag said:

He's a decent answer to the Ratjoy problem, as he can deploy up the board.

This is a pretty good point. I've been leery of playing tournaments because that just sounds totally unfun to play against and I know I'll face it.