Guild Autopsies as horror Molly summons?

Munindk

Since they're scheduled for release in May, I thought I'd ask if anyone has experience using Guild Autopsies as summons for horror Molly?

Its fairly cheap to summon them but as Molly summons things close to melee, I'm not sure how useful their gun is. If you're running the Emissary though, I think the Leak Necromantic Fluids action can be useful.

Having your summons summon on the turn they are summoned sounds serious, and its fun to say.

I haven't run molly, but with other summoners I like them, they've got a pretty decent gun, come with enough healing to last them through the game (i.e. at 1 per turn), and it's nice to force your opponent to deal with holding on to cards vs. getting another activation.

I've never gotten their summon to work, though. With those mediocre attacks, it's generally not worth the effort to get them to work, so it's a matter of luck and your opponent not being able to top it IMHO.

They can be a handy hire though. Cheap activation, useful gun that combos well with Shikome (Autopsy shoots and gets poison, Shikome get a (1) charge against poisoned targets) and the Emissary with Carrion Conflux gives it :+fate to attack duels - its like a free focus (without the damage flip) and you are only doing it to line up a Shikome charge 

• Like 2

As a new-ish player, I'm just happy to get full value out of the Spare Parts upgrade. I wouldn't focus on summoning them with Molly unless there is nothing more useful for her to do.

I'm also happy to finally put spare parts on mcmourning without ferling like I'm cheating myself out of an upgrade slot.

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2016 at 4:45 AM, Kogan Style said:

They can be a handy hire though. Cheap activation, useful gun that combos well with Shikome (Autopsy shoots and gets poison, Shikome get a (1) charge against poisoned targets) and the Emissary with Carrion Conflux gives it :+fate to attack duels - its like a free focus (without the damage flip) and you are only doing it to line up a Shikome charge 

I've been using them with the Emissary in this way, and they become much more effective and become a great gunline for protecting a piece of the table, and once they get close enough to engage you, throw a Punk Zombie in the way

• 1 month later...

If Molly's in a good position to summon something then Autopsies are a bit of a waste. Generally a punk zombie, crooligan or drowned will go a bit further in damage/tarpitting/scheming. However, as mentioned, they are great hires. They're cheap, have a surprisingly decent ranged attack, self heal (or provide a nice wad of poison to transfuse onto something) and have a built in ability to reactivate. Hire them with Spirit Molly and have them set up poison so your newly summoned shikome can charge. They're great mid-to-late game models and if you can get a scheme that involves dropping markers not too far up the board, you can really swamp scheme markers all over the place. Molly has plenty ways to make opponents discard or cheat cards (belles, horror, etc) so your opponent is likely going to have a tough time deciding whether cheating a flip is worth giving a bunch of your models reactivate. I rate them very highly, they do sssssssssssooooooooooo much for a 4ss minion! 

17 minutes ago, DangerousBeans said:

If Molly's in a good position to summon something then Autopsies are a bit of a waste. Generally a punk zombie, crooligan or drowned will go a bit further in damage/tarpitting/scheming. However, as mentioned, they are great hires. They're cheap, have a surprisingly decent ranged attack, self heal (or provide a nice wad of poison to transfuse onto something) and have a built in ability to reactivate. Hire them with Spirit Molly and have them set up poison so your newly summoned shikome can charge. They're great mid-to-late game models and if you can get a scheme that involves dropping markers not too far up the board, you can really swamp scheme markers all over the place. Molly has plenty ways to make opponents discard or cheat cards (belles, horror, etc) so your opponent is likely going to have a tough time deciding whether cheating a flip is worth giving a bunch of your models reactivate. I rate them very highly, they do sssssssssssooooooooooo much for a 4ss minion! 

100% true. Another thing I love about them is their Wk of 5, it's the main reason I haven't hired Crooked Men since the release of Crossroads. And in my opinion they are better than Canines in general if you need cheap who are able to interact.