Belles vs. Doxies - visual distinction?

Hi, folks! I'm a Ten Thunders player who's starting to dabble in Ressers as a secondary faction.

I have the Belles from Seamus' box and picked up some Dead Doxies during the Easter sale. As I assemble them and consider painting, I wanted to ask - what, if anything, do you do to help visually distinguish one from the other? From a game play perspective, it seems important for you and your opponent to easily be able to tell "that's a Belle, not a Doxy"...but what's the best way to make that happen?

The only obvious model distinction I see is that the Belles all carry parasols, but so does one of the Doxies (though the latter seems like it could be left out without much trouble). Is this something you do via color scheme, painting style, or some other method? Or do you just go based by the pictures on the cards and not worry about it so much?

Inquiring minds, etc. Thanks!

It's a minor thing, but as far as I can tell all of the Belle's have their faces forward (face towards chest) while the Doxies are facing sideways.  That, and the Doxies both seem to be either holding their hats or have hands on their heads.  The one or two pictures of the metal Doxies that I've found keep the same sort of "hands to the head" or "hand on hat" difference to the Belle.  (I think that one of the old metal Belles could be reposed so that she was sort of touching her head, but that's probably the exception demonstrating the rule...)

So, I'd go with hand positioning and posture.  You could definitely make it simpler for everyone if you make their dresses distinct, though.  :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, solkan said:

It's a minor thing, but as far as I can tell all of the Belle's have their faces forward (face towards chest) while the Doxies are facing sideways.  That, and the Doxies both seem to be either holding their hats or have hands on their heads.  

That's the moulin rouge attitude ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

for my set I painted the belles with purple and green dresses and my Doxy's got teal and black dresses. no one has been confused after I tell them that before a game.

I they call us Rotten Dirty Resser cheaters!! SMH You're  welcome Malifaux