Bloodwretch's "The Rage Builds"

Clyde_Davis

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

No, it ends when the model that controls it ends it activation. It has little synergy with control masters but it's nice if you can make the wretch fast.

The model technically hasn't activated if controlled by Collodi's "My Will", Lucius' "Issue Command" or a straight "Obey".. The wretch is performing the action not the control model, so surely the control model's activation doesn't count?

15 minutes ago, Clyde_Davis said:

The model technically hasn't activated if controlled by Collodi's "My Will", Lucius' "Issue Command" or a straight "Obey".. The wretch is performing the action not the control model, so surely the control model's activation doesn't count?

I'm pretty sure it just says "current activation" and not "this models activation" and some model is always having the "current activation" and so it will end. Only gremlins have the sort of filth that ends in "this models activation".

2 minutes ago, Krellnus said:

With Lucius though, could you not use Commanding Presence to use The Rage Builds and then use Issue Command to attack with the Bloodwretch because it's still the current activation (just it's Lucius', not the Bloodwretch's).

Yes, you could definetly do that.

From the card: "The Rage Builds: For the rest of this Activation, this model's Attacks..." I take that to mean that Obey and similar things wont work, unless you can make the Bloodwretch do more than one action... like Obeying twice with the same model or the Lucius trick mentioned above, all which seems like big AP investments for "draw 2 cards, discard one" on a single attack, and then only if the attack causes damage.

A Fast Bloodwretch on the other hand, can use The Rage Builds, charge, make 2 MI6 attacks with positive twists.

collodi can strum threads and use "my will" on a bloodwretch 4 times - the first to use the tactical action, then 3 attacks.  He can then accomplice the wretch who takes the tactical and hits again. total draw of 8 cards, keeping 4.  This can be further boosted by a card  brutal effigy condition is up and the bloodwretch kills.

dreamer can cast playtime on a bloodwretch and have it attack once (getting a card) then make him fast and accomplice him so that he can build rage - then have 2 swings, each benefitting from both playtime and rage builds.  total draw of 7 cards, keeping 5.

• Like 6

On 1/4/2016 at 5:54 PM, Mrbedlam said:

I think the question comes down to: Is it worth having your Master do all of these attacks or would those AP be better suited doing other things or ordering other models around?

Giving Bloodwretches fast could very well be worth it, but out of activation shenanigans dont seem cost effective to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Funniest time with the Bloodwretch was a game where the dreamer gave it fast and then used Playtime on it.  Was nice to basically draw 3 cards and discard 1, made my opponent really uneasy looking at my 8 card hand for the rest of the turn *discarded a low card for fast and needed to cheat once to hit so ended with 8 cards*.

But ya, generally I imagine fast is pretty much all you need, Double Obey does not seem worth it and the 4 My Will from Collodi could be interesting but at the same time he does decent damage himself and can debuff.

• Like 1