M2e Colette

LulleK

32 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

And Carlos/Large Arachnids/Arachnid Swarms.

5 hours ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

You can use your performers to nuke the scheme markers

This.. right here. I found (in my Colette game over the weekend) that I was eating my own scheme markers constantly, even without including Large Arachnids or proxying Carlos.

On 2016-05-23 at 7:16 PM, orkdork said:

This is a monstrously good list, FYI. There are very few masters than can put together a single list this flexible and powerful.

(Of course, lists don't need to be all-comers, which is part of what makes Malifaux such an awesome game).

Want to explain the dove use in the list? Do you use the All together now? Or do you sac doves for bonuses and then summon more with cabaret?

11 hours ago, Sybarite said:

Want to explain the dove use in the list? Do you use the All together now? Or do you sac doves for bonuses and then summon more with cabaret?

Not my list, but I'd guess they're activation control and buff fodder. His list has both the coryphee and Myranda, so it can do some nasty reactivation stuff on turn 1. With damage buff + activation control, I could see it surprising folks. Not entirely sure :) I personally don't hire any, but then I usually go for a strong turn 2.

Three Doves, a raptor, and Caberet seems way overkill, unless you're using the doves as a buff I suppose. If you drop the raptor, a dove, and a SS you can get a large arachnid or a Silent one for some staying power or healing, and Angelica for more shenanigans, or Willie... so many options. Dropping a raptor and 2 doves gets you another Acolyte.

There's 10 activations as is as well, so you could drop that be a couple and still be fine.

• Like 1

I agree. And I Personally almost never go without Cassandra. She's just so good! But in some situations, sure.

I've only tried the Coryphee Duet once, having been entirely in the Miss Step camp when playing Colette this edition. But I should really try the Coryphee more. Any tips on how to play them and when?

• Like 1

So my new "normal" crew for Colette looks something like this

Colette (Resevoir, Nothing Up My Sleeve, Shell Game)

Dove

Cassandra (Practiced Production, Imbued)

Howard (Imbued)/ 2 Coryphee

Envy

Performer

Raptor

Cassandra, Howard and Envy can do nasty things when prompted.  PRacticed Production, Performer and the Raptor take care of almost any schemes. The dove can either explode to give buffs or work as a second distraction if they go after the raptor.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I dont understand why many people talk about the raptor, as it is an insignificant model, so no scheme markers from him. I am planning on starting an exclusive Colette list for arcanists, trying to play in theme. Right now I have only her box, but wouldnt dismiss the chance of getting a dark carnival for some options. As I would like to play with a cabaret/freak show theme, which models would you recommend? So far I would get the coryphees and angelica, but what next? Are slate ridge mawlers good with her? I could see one of them with a tutu or fez. What about a little conversion on myranda? Does she give something to Colette? Which upgrades do you tend to use with her? reading her awesome options, it seems difficult to make space for the positive on iniciative or the extra card on hand

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, adrianao said:

Hi, I dont understand why many people talk about the raptor, as it is an insignificant model, so no scheme markers from him.

With Colette's crew and Practiced Production the only thing we care about is whether or not the model is friendly and on the table. It lets you use a model that normally would not be considered a scheme runner as a scheme runner. You can pull similar stunts with the Mechanical Dove, but you might find that you're using your Doves for other things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spooky_squirrel said:

With Colette's crew and Practiced Production the only thing we care about is whether or not the model is friendly and on the table. It lets you use a model that normally would not be considered a scheme runner as a scheme runner. You can pull similar stunts with the Mechanical Dove, but you might find that you're using your Doves for other things.

Rereads the card, facepalms

I thought it was only for showgirls or minions!

No worries. There's a lot of interesting nuance and interplay in Colette's crew. In answer to your other questions, it depends on what you want to do with her. If you want to use/abuse prompt, having things that hit hard can be fun. One of the other Arcanist players at the last tournament I was at was running an elite prompted-beater crew with summoned doves and a Mobile Toolkit to hand out various buffs to Hank, Coryphee Duet, or Mechanical Rider. It doesn't run well into all schemes (I was able to deny him most of the available points during our game), but that's what her other builds are for. Myranda's addition to the crew is additional card draw (from Imbued Energies) when she shifts into a beast and adding another hard-hitting beater to Colette's prompt crew.

She can also run scheme-heavy crews that have more bodies than elite crews rather well. Schemes and Stones talks about her some here, with some comments about play that I didn't see earlier in this thread.

• Like 2

Just remember that prompt is not relegated simply to attacks. Prompting to push 3" and drop a scheme marker could be the point you need to win the game or to get a model out of engagement so that it can charge a better target when it activates. that versatility is part of what makes Colette such a powerful force multiplier

• Like 4

Min 2 looks low, until it's happening 2x in one activation, prompted a couple of times, reactivating, and then merging into another one that also put out 2x min 2 damage attacks during its activation. Minions with armor tend to have lower wound counts, which helps when you're doing death by a thousand cuts, so pick targets appropriately. After merging, that damage gets a :+fate baked in on a Swift model, which can help with damage output even before the prompting. When you add in other force multipliers like the Mobile Toolkit and Mechanical Doves, as well as immunity to charges, they end up being a mean package.

• Like 1

The caveat I have on that is I have a hard time fitting in a pair of Coryphee if the schemes don't call for for a beater slant in the crew. Marker and placement schemes end up having my roster primarily filled with things that give me more control (Anjelica, need I say more?)  with only room for one non-Cassandra beater/tank/distraction (because Cassandra's going to be there most of the time).

• Like 1

Another way I've been looking at the Coryphee is they'really the same cost as an Imbued Protection Hank, with more AP between the two of them and their shenanigans, and more inbuilt + flips, and a heal once they merge. Not to say one'side better than the other, rather that they have different uses. I just find that frame of mind helps me more easily accept the cost.

Yup, I alternate Coryphee and Howard most of the time. Usually based on terrain and activation control. Also never vs outcasts or NB as the armor piercing in those factions is very real. (also if I know that a guild player is bringing Perdita) I end up playing Coryphee more often in Ramos than Colette.

36 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Well I ended up getting my hand on the Smoke and Mirrors box.  I have the full Frozen Heart regiment, as well as Envy and Miss Step.  Since it seems Miss Step can fill the Coryphee role, any other must/useful haves I'm missing?

I would recommend Anjelica. She can push your models into position, carry Practiced Production, and do other essential work--even for non-Colette crews. Her defensive ability to displace enemy models is also amazing when it goes off.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

I always felt Angelica does more of what Colette already does. So i think she fits better with other masters' crews.

Pretty much this. Colette needs to pack more punch usually.  Generally Envy is a top go to for me now and of course if you like her, Mech Rider does work too. Myranda is where its really at though

Because you can turn 1 Prompt myranda. Push 3" drop a scheme marker, trigger for reactivate. Activate Myranda move into position. Reactivate Myranda. Charge into a model they've already moved up. Sacrafice Myranda for 4 cards and a cerberus. Cerberus can attack, hopefully maul trigger. Leap back to safety or into a model you want to demolish on turn 2. 

• Like 2