Popular crew boxes

soul

So the store I play at is looking to pick up some Malifaux product as the community there for the game has exploded a bit. Due to limited shelf space and such they're unable to get 'everything,' so I'm curious what would be best for them to pick up - other than the basics (cards, etc). They have only the two-player box stocked currently. I think boxes popular for new(er) players would be best and while there seem to be an obvious few I can't think them for each faction. 

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Wyrd Website has a section for retailers that has a Suggested Stock List.
Only a single Crew Box per faction though, 2 books out of 4 available at the moment (no Crossroads nor Shifting Loyalties) and no M2E Starter Set (which in my opinion definitely should be featured).

EDIT: I also made a poll about favorite masters: Who are your favorite Masters?
The problem is that for example two of the most favorite Neverborn Masters are Lilith and Dreamer. Lilith I would definitely recommend, but Dreamer not. He is awesome master and many people's love at first sight, but buying his Crew Box without some research might lead to frustration, because a lot of models he likes to field haven't been released in plastic yet and to purchase old metal models might be difficult and expensive.
Second problem is that 254 votes probably doesn't make a representative sample.

Edited by Phinn

I'm surprised they recommend Closing Time for Gremlins, I feel it's much less killy than the others and plays much more of a control game where you might concede some VP to your opponent as you lock them down and win on non-combat schemes. I would have expected Ophelia or Som'er for people new to the game.

• Like 2

Seamus or McMourning would probably be good for the Resser box, they're both relatively well-suited to newcomers, and very fun and evocative models for new players to enjoy. Other than that I think Dirial is spot-on:

Perdita, Von Schill, Ophelia, Ramos, Pandora, Misaki... These sets don't need many additional models or upgrades.

All of those are great suggestions, and showcase a great variety of models.  

Okay, in revision of what I said earlier, this would be my recommendation for a shop owner to stock to get new people into the game (stocking as little as possible):

Starter Box, Rules Manual, General Upgrade Deck, Fate Decks

Latigo Posse and Abuela Ortega

Shadows of Redchapel, Yin and Canine Remains

The M&SU, Electrical Creation and Arachnids

No Shelter Here and Teddy

The Kin and Slop Haulers

Hired Guns and Hannah

The Thunder and Dawn Serpent

• Like 4

Is there any chance of getting different Resser boosters than Dirial's list right now? Our shop has sold some Resser stuff to non Malifaux fantasy players just because of the looks of the models. Which is not going to happen with canine remains. And on the same idea we cannot seem to keep Teddy around even without Outcast players buying stuff. Someone always wants a disturbing teddy bear model.

Shadows of Redchapel box was a good talking point.

*someone picks up the box* "What's this?"

"Zombie whores!" xD

answer = "awesome!" -> "And check out the punk zombies with swords! Or go classic zombie style with that box to the right..."

answer = "ewwww..." -> "Oh so you want to destroy them? Grab that box to the left with the cute chick on the front..."