Guardian Model Question

paxmiles

Looking at the chart in the old 1.5 edition core rulebook, that's the Guild faction emblem (the fancy version, not the simplified version for the icons), squashed together a bit to fit on the shield.  I can't find a clean picture online at the moment, but from some of GMorts unboxings...

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/unboxing-malifaux-choffmans-constructs.html

C.Hoffman+-+Box+Front.JPG

It's the fancy logo that the words are covering up, and it's on the old metal shield.

Guardian+-+Assembled+-+Shield.JPG

Edit:  So, looking through the book and comparing the other images, as far as I can tell, that's one of the old stylized versions of the guild mask with a bunch of weird magic lines around the center instead of horns.  Just like the old Resurrectionist crow had a skull head, and old Neverborn mask emblem has the three-tailed hat behind the mask.

Edited by solkan
  • Like 3

Looking at the chart in the old 1.5 edition core rulebook, that's the Guild faction emblem (the fancy version, not the simplified version for the icons), squashed together a bit to fit on the shield.  I can't find a clean picture online at the moment, but from some of GMorts unboxings...

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/unboxing-malifaux-choffmans-constructs.html

It's the fancy logo that the words are covering up, and it's on the old metal shield.

Edit:  So, looking through the book and comparing the other images, as far as I can tell, that's one of the old stylized versions of the guild mask with a bunch of weird magic lines around the center instead of horns.  Just like the old Resurrectionist crow had a skull head, and old Neverborn mask emblem has the three-tailed hat behind the mask.

You're referencing pre-M2E books, right?  I'm curious about eh Neverborn mask you said, not sure if I have anything that that in it.

But it does resemble the icon you suggest, just a bit more stylized.  I don't think it was simply a matter of changing to fit the field of the shield, but I could be wrong :P

You're referencing pre-M2E books, right?  I'm curious about eh Neverborn mask you said, not sure if I have anything that that in it.

But it does resemble the icon you suggest, just a bit more stylized.  I don't think it was simply a matter of changing to fit the field of the shield, but I could be wrong :P

Yep, I'm talking about the 1.5 edition books.  If you want to see the old Neverborn mask, have a look at the first issue of Chronicles. it's right there on the table of contents.

Anyway, I'm an outcast player considering this guy for Pariah of Iron Leveticus, so I'm debating if I need to remove the icon and put an Outcast Rose on it instead, or if the symbol is unrelated to the guild...?

No. Absolutely Not. If you are going to walk off with Guild property you may as well show off that you have stolen it!

Anyway, I'm an outcast player considering this guy for Pariah of Iron Leveticus, so I'm debating if I need to remove the icon and put an Outcast Rose on it instead, or if the symbol is unrelated to the guild...?

No. Absolutely Not. If you are going to walk off with Guild property you may as well show off that you have stolen it!

Leveticus doesn't borrow, he makes his own.

As per the wyrd website...

...his own design which rival the work of even Viktor Ramos

Edited by paxmiles