Guildy Gunsmiths

Trample

I want to comment on the rail golem.

In my experience, if you are adding burning to the rail golem, you are wasting your time. 

Only once in more than 10 games have I ran out of Burning on it. In all those games I have spent 0 ap on giving it extra burning. My locomotive always ends when I run out of tomes. 

If you think a Gunsmith with Kaeris isn't an optimal strategy, you're wrong. It's really not even a debate, you're just wrong... You might decide that another model works better for a scheme or strat that you drew, but a Gunsmith is 100% synergy with a Kaeris crew. Any sort of denying that, is just wrong.  

I'm curious, who do you hope to convince by repeating the same old tired points and only adding, to paraphrase, "Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong, wrong, wrong!"? Arrogance doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I couldn't really care less about who I convince, it's less arrogance and mostly annoyance. Some people literally just like to say "No it isn't", to be difficult. No, you may not enjoy the Gunsmith. You may not be playing em correctly, or just don't like how they are used or have an entirely different play style and that's 100% fine, however; you *should not* sit here and say that they aren't optimal with Kaeris. 

They are literally designed to fit with her 100%. Nearly everything Kaeris can do, directly benefits the Gunsmith. So, yes, they may not be your choice for personal reasons, but that doesn't mean someone should sit on here and deter people from a great model just for no reason. 

It's like when people say how much the Metal Gamins are worthless or not OP, and then Wyrd puts out errata to fix them, because they are... Some people just go against the grain, to be a pain in the butt... I'm not going to deter people from a model that 100% works with Kaeris, just because I don't like them personally. It's not only selfish, but you're not promoting the game and it's models the way I feel players should. 

Example: I hate Malifaux Child... He is not fun for me, but I would never sit here and tell people that he sucks or isn't a viable option. He is an amazing option with Kaeris (and other masters), he just isn't for me. 

Edited by Spike0738

I want to comment on the rail golem.

In my experience, if you are adding burning to the rail golem, you are wasting your time. 

Only once in more than 10 games have I ran out of Burning on it. In all those games I have spent 0 ap on giving it extra burning. My locomotive always ends when I run out of tomes. 

That's fair, and I would agree to an extent. I think it's just a cool option to have. There are times early game where I wish my Rail Golem had more burning. 

I couldn't really care less about who I convince, it's less arrogance and mostly annoyance. Some people literally just like to say "No it isn't", to be difficult. No, you may not enjoy the Gunsmith. You may not be playing em correctly, or just don't like how they are used or have an entirely different play style and that's 100% fine, however; you *should not* sit here and say that they aren't optimal with Kaeris. 

They are literally designed to fit with her 100%. Nearly everything Kaeris can do, directly benefits the Gunsmith. So, yes, they may not be your choice for personal reasons, but that doesn't mean someone should sit on here and deter people from a great model just for no reason. 

Eh, it's perfectly possible for something to have perfect synergy with something else yet not be the optimal choice. Heck, if Gunsmith's cost was 9SS they would still be similarly designed around Kaeris yet hardly be the optimal choice for her then (or 11 Stones or whatever anyone's personal ceiling for them would be). And similarly, if December Acolytes are powerful enough, they might be the optimal choice even if they have zero synergy with Kaeris.

Not saying that Gunsmisths are worth it or not, mind you, just noting the logical fallacy of it somehow being impossible.

• Like 2

Taking about annoyances, statements like this annoy me. Hardly anything Kaeris can do directly benefits Gunsmiths specifically, setting things on fire sure do. Then there are some things that indirectly benefit them (e.g. removing burning since Concealed Weapon give you a reason to attack your own Gunsmiths, but there are other harmless attack actions available to trigger from) and a couple things that benefit any model or the crew in general (e.g. healing, Flight, drawing cards, blocking LoS). There is also the fact that the Gunsmiths does very little to reciprocate, only Smoldering Heart has any effect on Kaeris herself.

And even if we say that a Kaeris led crew is the best place for a Gunsmith (though there is Hand-Picked Men to argue over :P), it does not mean that a Gunsmith is the best hire for Kaeris.

Without regard to the majority of what we've discussed here, the new gunsmith models look like something that would stand alongside guild models as opposed to arcanist models. They have an old west look to them. You choose to use them or not! 

I'll stick to the Gunsmiths I built out of the multi-part kits. It's all top hats and clockwork arms for me!

I don't think their aesthetic ties them to the Guild in particular, maybe just the palette for the art.  The only thing that seems a little weird visually is that the female gunsmith has a sword (maybe that's the source of the Guild vibe?).

Haha, I hadn't seen that. Maybe she is trying to impress Kaeris, for some reason Kaeris is also dragging around a sword she isn't using.

Models looks great except this belt for female. Artwork do not reveal too much but it does not looks that belt is so low, not below waist (it would be nice to see the whole artwork, not just part of it). And i was sure that her hip was twisted to the left. Model looks because of it a bit ridiculous, just a moment before her trousers fall down. A lot of green stuff work ahead...