What works with Ophelia

scottb

Just looking for a bit of insight into what choices people would generally use with Ophelia. Feel free to add details of which strategies and schemes would be relevant for model choice if you feel able to go into that kind of detail. Do people go with Young Uns or other choices for totem, or not bother? I see bits of advice in Pull My Finger, but wondering what people finds works better?

Lenny, Franc, and Slop Haulers tend to find their way into most lists. Burt, Gracie, Rooster Riders, and Merris will mosey in depending on whether I'm seeing killy, tanky  or more interact/running schemes in the pool. Remi or McTavish can be useful for laying down cover fire while you get the rest of your forces into position up the field. As far as totems, that can be a hotly debated subject. Personally I fall in the Old Cranky camp vs Young Lacroix. Although they can be bothersome, my playstyle favors the bearded wonder. Raphael and Pere don't see a lot of table time for me. Although they have a strong following, I find them too 'swing-ey' for my tastes. 

As always, tinker around and find out what feels right as you develop your playstyle. Welcome to the Bayou, and let us know how you like it!

Pretty much everything works with Ophelia. The nice thing about her is that the crew isn't so much about "synergy" as it is about bullets. Nice thing is that Gremlins have plenty of bullets. Pretty much anything that shoots goes well. Adding pieces like Merris to add some scheme marker placement when needed is prudent.

I am with Monsternoggin though, Raphael and Pere rarely make any of my lists.

I get the feeling sometimes the actual synergy between Ophelia and kin isn't that special. Don't get me wrong they are amazing models but few of their upgrades specifically require Ophelia. Ophelia is more of an unchecked murder machine then a support master so I'd say things that can support her are a good philosophy. Lenny and Slop Haulers to let the kin maximize dumb luck will make people cry moonshine tears. 8 damage severe shooting mmmmmm. Cranky is almost BETTER in Ophelia since it's easier to keep a few high value range threats around him to benefit from his aura and soulstone gains. In a pig or swarm list it can be tricky when every pig runs all over the board.

Edited by Doctor Borris

Ophelia's interactions with the Kin are really only focused through her upgrades as I recall.  Some of those 0 actions are VERY useful to the Kin though.  One of my favorite stunts to pull with the crew is use Lenny to Toss Pere Ravage forward up the board, then companion to Ophelia to Jug Rocket Pere even FURTHER up the board into combat.  Pere can cover a frankly absurd amount of distance in a single turn and always get to his target of choice for glorious death.

Jug Rocket's 0 action is also a great way to get Nino Rami up into his preferred snipping post without spending valuable sniping AP on walking.

I do like Youngs. They are super cheap activations (50% cheaper than Bayou Gremlins!) and Ophelia can really rock that out-activation thing. They are also really mean little shooters when standing near Lenny. And of course they also load her guns thus granting her some extra durability. If there's killing to be done in the Strat/Schemes, then they can be a liability and Old Cranky is certainly a good option, but I wouldn't write off the little ones.

Sammy with My Threatening Gun is very nice (as she can get Ophelia to shoot an extra time and her positive twist negates the negative twist nicely).

Hi. I agree with Math about the young Lacroix. I dont usually put another totem in with her as when i go with Ophelia is to declare WW3 on someone (turf war), so I want a gun line that is solid and even with -2 to all CA, the young ones still pack a punch when they shoot Ophelia's upgrades. this and the ability to reload her Jug Rocket for repositioning other Kin is priceless.

Of course Lenny is usually in any list i make, to act as catapult/ pig farmer, suit provider and ablative armour.

Cranky seems like a nice option too. I think he is still great for strategies other than turf war, but I will only get him after they release the plastic as i never use proxies (or metal).

The pigapult is also worth considering as the redeployment alone could win you a strategy, but it takes a lot of getting used to it to get it right, so you are going to struggle the first couple of games with it.

a few Bayous never hurt no list, and just because they aren't Kin, dont let that fool ya!

How are you all using your slop haulers? Do you keep em behind to heal a lot, or do you try to decrease the enemys Df?

When I use them outside a Somer summoning list, they tend to get shot easily and rarely work out.

Lately I've been mostly using them as targets for first turn annihilation by opposing snipers. Be it Trappers or Katanakas or Austringers they are dead by turn 2 (usually on turn 1).

even with -2 to all CA, the young ones still pack a punch when they shoot Ophelia's upgrades. this and the ability to reload her Jug Rocket for repositioning other Kin is priceless.

-2 Sh ;) But yeah, I actually prefer shooting their own guns for the most part. Focus when next to Lenny and they pack an insane punch (completely ridiculous for a 2SS model). Though I do agree that the custom guns have their place as well.

• Like 1

For me, haulers rarely use their attacks as they tend to stay behind the lines. If they are attacking, it's usually to lower the Df of a rogue alpha-strike model who's made it to my Master. Also, at range 8, if they can shoot something, they are likely also in their targets charge range which means they are probably going down on that models next activation due to haulers being such juicy targets.

As far as snipers, utilizing terrain and bigger models (Lenny/Gracie) can help mitigate those early one shots. I also try to pressure my opponent with Ophelia/Burt/Franc/insert beatey model to draw the snipers fire.