Pushes, how do they work?

Doctor Borris

Question

Pushes, how do they work?

Hello everyone! I was wondering about Pushes. Specifically the phrase on guys like Burt that say a pig is pushed towards someone to base contact. Now obviously that means if they had a clear lane they would, but a 50mm big fat pig doesn't have a lot of clearance in a gremlin mob, do they move and stop when they bump into things (obviously they stop per rules) but do they still do some movement? Could a pig with a 2" bite move up into Burt, stop against him, and bite over his shoulder? 

10 answers to this question

When it says push into base contact that just gives you a direction and target location. It's no different than a push to/away/any direction with a set distance.

Pushes Towards/away/into base though, have to be in the most direct path possible right?  IE, pushes away are a 180 degree straight line from the origin?

Or have I misunderstood this?

When it says push into base contact that just gives you a direction and target location. It's no different than a push to/away/any direction with a set distance.

Pushes Towards/away/into base though, have to be in the most direct path possible right?  IE, pushes away are a 180 degree straight line from the origin?

Or have I misunderstood this?

Correct. Just measure base center to base center.

Can you push to the other side, too? Like, through the model you're pushing towards?

Seems illogical, but I seem to remember reading this more than once.

The big book, page 43.  "The Pushed model cannot pass through impassable objects (Such as other models, or walls)..."

So, off hand, no, you'd stop in base-to-base.  If you had a trait that allowed you to ignore other models when moving, such as flying or incorporeal, I believe you'd still being stopping once you reached destination (IE, base-to-base).  Even if it asked you to move 10" towards a model, if you would pass through and end up on the other side, you'd no longer be moving towards it.  Sort of like how you can only run into a forest half-way?  The other half is running out of it, theoretically.

Unless there are fringe cases I don't know about, I am 100% sure on this.

EDIT:  Might as well ask here rather than making a new thread, because this is relevant enough:

What are actions like the Oiran's Lure, or any actions phrased as "Move [[Target Model/Self]] its Wk.", treated as?  Does that officially count as a walk action (For triggering anything, Disengaging Strikes for example), or is it treated as a Push?  Is it a grey area in between, neither counting as an actual Walk (1) action, but also not forcing the straight lines and Impassable object stops?  If so, does this mean it also does, or does not, ignore severe terrain for slowing the moved models Wk distance?

The clause at the end of Lure, "[[The Target]] must end the move as close to this model as possible." seems to imply it would move differently than a Push (Which has implied movement restrictions, that would not require such a clause).  Would a model without Incorporeal Lured through a window of a building for example, move to the nearest exit in attempt to get closer to the target Luring them?

Edited by Tawg
Added semi-relevant Question to reply.

What are actions like the Oiran's Lure, or any actions phrased as "Move [[Target Model/Self]] its Wk.", treated as?  Does that officially count as a walk action (For triggering anything, Disengaging Strikes for example), or is it treated as a Push?  Is it a grey area in between, neither counting as an actual Walk (1) action, but also not forcing the straight lines and Impassable object stops?  If so, does this mean it also does, or does not, ignore severe terrain for slowing the moved models Wk distance?

The clause at the end of Lure, "[[The Target]] must end the move as close to this model as possible." seems to imply it would move differently than a Push (Which has implied movement restrictions, that would not require such a clause).  Would a model without Incorporeal Lured through a window of a building for example, move to the nearest exit in attempt to get closer to the target Luring them?

They are treated as a Move. Not push, not walk. No rules for either of those two apply, but terrain that modifies moves applies.

It must end as close as possible. If that means jumping out a window, it does that.

Moving a model its Wk is not a walk action, and is not a push. But It is a movement effect. 

You follow the same rules as a walk action for movement purposes (which is I think says move the model up to its Wk), so you can walk round corners and are slowed by severe terrain, but because it isn't a walk action it won't trigger disengaging strikes or Terror tests.