Starting in campaign

Jubby

Slop Haulers. Healing is so key in a faction that harms itself.

Their ability to debuff defense can be very powerful and is often overlooked as well.

Just the other day I played against a C.Hoffman crew and at first the crew's ability to share stats made attacking them tough as they had easy access to def-6 from the Guardian.  But then I was to get my Slop Hauler to beat the Guardian in the head with his bucket and drop the Guardian's def to 4.  I was then able to pick out a number of key models quite easily and swing things greatly in my favor.

Slop Haulers are simply all-around useful models.

Their ability to debuff defense can be very powerful and is often overlooked as well.

Just the other day I played against a C.Hoffman crew and at first the crew's ability to share stats made attacking them tough as they had easy access to def-6 from the Guardian.  But then I was to get my Slop Hauler to beat the Guardian in the head with his bucket and drop the Guardian's def to 4.  I was then able to pick out a number of key models quite easily and swing things greatly in my favor.

I am going to agree that it is an all round useful model and that the debuff can be great.  But you did things wrong with the Guardian.  The Def debuff does give him a condition which reduces his Df to 4 and it ignores all bonuses to it, but Power Loop, the ability that shares the stats says the Printed Value *To keep someone from buffing it to 8 thanks to Francisco*.  So regardless of you throwing mud on the Guardian and knock his defense down to 4, the rest of the crew still has Df6.

• Like 1

I am going to agree that it is an all round useful model and that the debuff can be great.  But you did things wrong with the Guardian.  The Def debuff does give him a condition which reduces his Df to 4 and it ignores all bonuses to it, but Power Loop, the ability that shares the stats says the Printed Value *To keep someone from buffing it to 8 thanks to Francisco*.  So regardless of you throwing mud on the Guardian and knock his defense down to 4, the rest of the crew still has Df6.

just for clarity then, if slop gets thrown on some other model in the loop, can they ignore it in favor of using the guardians df?  Or ore they stuck at 4.

just for clarity then, if slop gets thrown on some other model in the loop, can they ignore it in favor of using the guardians df?  Or ore they stuck at 4.

I would say the Slop Hauler's condition wins out over the Power loop condition.  Power Loop lets you at the start of a duel use the printed value of anyone else in the Power Loop as your stat, then the Slop Hauler's condition would reduce it to 4.  The Slop Hauler's condition does not go away and the Power Loop only lets you replace your stat with the printed value at the beginning of the duel.

So while you cannot use the Slop Hauler to disable the spread of the Df6 with the Power Loop, you can use it to set up your target by applying the Condition to those that you intend to focus your attacks on.  So if you want to kill the Peacekeeper that turn, you had best hit him with the Slop Hauler to give it the condition.

Fair enough, but the main key model I killed first was the Guardian himself, which broke the power-loop chain.

I would say the Slop Hauler's condition wins out over the Power loop condition.  Power Loop lets you at the start of a duel use the printed value of anyone else in the Power Loop as your stat, then the Slop Hauler's condition would reduce it to 4.  The Slop Hauler's condition does not go away and the Power Loop only lets you replace your stat with the printed value at the beginning of the duel.

Don't want to go too off topic, but not sure that is right: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/110272-hoffman-power-loop-and-conditions/ power loop replaces the models stat and the debuff is on the models stat; but until officially faq's who knows.

Back on topic I would agree slop hauler first. Next best purchase would be a metal l\Lenny if you can find him (though the smart buy would be the som'mer box for Lenny and Bayou gremlins)

Francois is actually the only henchman you have in that box, so he's the one you'll have to go with. I would be careful with him and start with Stilts as an upgrade and get Dirty Cheater when you can. He specializes in dealing massive damage, but often doesn't live to the end of the game (because he can do a fair bit of damage to himself as he craters the enemy). That sort of attrition is acceptable for gremlins most of the time, but there are some consequences if you're doing something like Shifting Loyalties. If there is no game to game retention of skills & wounds it isn't as much of a challenge. 

Either way, Francois is pretty fantastic.