So, this might be too soon...

baggined

I have long assumed that, rather than create new Masters from whole cloth, they will introduce upgrades to existing Masters that could radically alter the way they play. In this case, it seems like Shenlong or Yan Lo could be given some upgrade that allows them some synergy with Oni and adds some abilities and maybe takes some of their previous abilities away.

So this would mean Wyrd could avoid creating, testing and balancing a whole new Master (which we know is a lot of work), but they could still make and sell a new model to reflect this new version of the already extant character. Players and Wyrd are both happy because they have a new shiny to buy and play with, and players who don't want to buy the new version of the model would have the option of just using the original model and aren't forced to buy anything else (aside from the book/cards that contained the new rules).

Edited by tomjoad
  • Like 1

I have long assumed that, rather than create new Masters from whole cloth, they will introduce upgrades to existing Masters that could radically alter the way they play. In this case, it seems like Shenlong or Yan Lo could be given some upgrade that allows them some synergy with Oni and adds some abilities and maybe takes some of their previous abilities away.

So this would mean Wyrd could avoid creating, testing and balancing a whole new Master (which we know is a lot of work), but they could still make and sell a new model to reflect this new version of the already extant character. Players and Wyrd are both happy because they have a new shiny to buy and play with, and players who don't want to buy the new version of the model would have the option of just using the original model and aren't forced to buy anything else (aside from the book/cards that contained the new rules).

That would be interesting :)

I'd like something that allows Gremlins to have Showgirls. I am still baffled every time I see "showgirl" on the Lovely Assistant's profile.

Hmm... I suppose that you could hire an Oiran and get her Melee trigger off, whereby the attacked model is unable to target Showgirls with Attack Actions for the remainder of the turn. Does a Performer do anything for Showgirls?

I'd like something that allows Gremlins to have Showgirls. I am still baffled every time I see "showgirl" on the Lovely Assistant's profile.

Hmm... I suppose that you could hire an Oiran and get her Melee trigger off, whereby the attacked model is unable to target Showgirls with Attack Actions for the remainder of the turn. Does a Performer do anything for Showgirls?

Reactivating them.

• Like 1

I like the idea of creating a different take on the same master. Honestly if that were to take place, I wouldn't mind Lady J being the first master to receive the overhaul. Possibly give the the chance to be a more support or manipulation master with more depth. Would love to see a version of her that isn't so straightforward.