Russ painting diary- GREMLINS EVERYWHERE!!!

russrmc

Three weeks? Um, wow. That is some insanely competent paint slapping. That Gracie is just phenomenal! And Burt as well. I really like your heavy darklining coupled with the very crisp style. The minis look super-readable for table top yet you have all these super smooth blends goind on for when someone takes a closer look. Seriously amazing stuff!

Would it be impolite to ask who you've sculpted for?

HI-

not impolite at all.

I am the principle sculptor for Guild Ball, having done 67 of the 72 season one models and all of the yet to be released season 2 stuff. I've also done stuff for Privateer Press (including Una the falconer and Bradigus for Circle), a bunch of different star players and characters for mantic games, some Reaper stuff, quite a lot of DUST tactics, some Avatars of War, a lot of the newer infantry and light vehicles for Dropzone Commander, three of the armies for Warlord's new Gates of Antares game, all the Relics models since the Ridend released (which is what I am working on today!)  and a whole lot of smaller kickstarter projects! Next year, Osprey and Warlord will be publishing my Weird War II game that I designed with a friend, and which has now become a Bolt Action spin off.

That's a pretty comprehensive list :)

I keep busy- but I really enjoy having discovered Malifaux, as it is nice to have a game system for which I have no 'professional' responsibility, so I can just enjoy the hobby side!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those are all great.  But for me the standout model is Apprentice Wesley.  Not sure what it is about him, but he is just executed so well.

I also love the touch where you painted Burt's shirt like Kurt Russel's from Big Trouble in Little China (which makes sense since it is the inspiration for Burt).  It really fits the model so well.  I may give that a go when I get around to painting him.

Your painting quality is damn great.

The model that catches my eye the most is actually Gracie. Her eyes are fantastic and I love the subtle tones you used in her skin to offer variety. Really nicely done.

If I may nag at something, I do not care much for the green goop you applied to all of your miniatures. Mostly cause it is compared to the rest of your paint jobs too flat and not fitting enough. It's too simple and direct for my likings.

Awesome gang. I wish my Gremlins would look as nice as yours...

• 6 months later...