Starting Lady J

Da Git

Hey, I've had the Lady Justice crew for a while (since the Easter Sale, I needed something to bump up the order for the Wrabbit & I love the models!).

Anyways, There seems to be a little bit of negativity about her which is a good thing as I want a slightly underpowered master to teach people.  She's also brutally direct which will be a nice change for me!

So the basic crew I'm thinking is this:

Lady Justice - 6 Cache

- Badge of Office - 2

- Last Stand -

The Judge - 9

Franscico (Frank) - 8

- Wade in - 1

- Hermanos de Armos - 1

2 Death Marshals

2 Witchling Stalkers

1 Brutal Effigy

With Sidir and the Lone Marshal to sub in, I also like the Justice Unleashed if I'm playing Ressers.  What do you think of Implacable?

Should be pretty in-your-face, with Judge & Frank giving some movement shenanigans.  I also have some good protection for Lady J with Frank & Brutal

So with that the basic plans are:

A: Things like Turf War, Reckoning,

Everything goes up the centre, DM's go on the flanks to remover scheme runners

B:Things like Reconnoiter, Squatters,

Lady J, Frank, 1 DM, 1 WS & Brutal go up one flank, the rest go up the other.

Note, I know this is not the standard way of setting up a crew, but I like to use the models I want & have a basic plan of attack.  It works for me!

Any other tips you can offer?  Thoughts?

There was a big discussion about Lady J being subpar and it turns out she`s not as clearly OP as Sonnia/Perdita but can stand her ground and people had good tournament scores with her.

Lady J is especially vulnerable to Deliver Message and Cursed Object as she has to be in CC or play area denial.

I think she can be a decent scheme runner killer. In that case I`d value Vendetta over Badge of Office, as Vendetta can easily get you a normal flip (either walk + walk + strike or walk + charge and with :+fate  attack flip and MI 7 you can get a lot of damage in as you just have to hit for a neutral flip).

Her main drawback are quite weak upgrades:

Justice Unleashed is Outcast/Resser only basically,

Last Stand is board dependant, if you don`t have severe terrain its not worth it IMO as With Me! is not that good as Marshalls don`t really have a CC oriented model. It might be a cool idea to charge your own model and push all Marshalls in and wiff the attacks.

Implacable: Bulletproof +1 is ok vs a lot of things, but if you want to kill Lady Justice the +1 won`t help. Moving out of her engage would be cool but she has 7 MI, most people will either try to kill her or push out anyways.

Vendetta: Limited, 2SS, used it once and regretted not having Badge. If this upgrade was not limited then I would consider it (4 possible MI attacks on charge seem nice or double walk + 2 possible attacks) but it requires a mid-high :mask  (AFAIR) to hit which is probablty better used on her Riposte.

I`m generally a big fan of J (as avatar suggests) and I had mostly good results with her especially after she One Shot Francois Lacroix and Two-Shot Ophelia Lacroix ;)

Are there plastic models for hounds or hunters yet? I'm new to the game, but I don't think I've seen any.

From my admittedly very limited experience, it seems like badge of office and last stand are the standard upgrades, the rest seem pretty weak or opponent-specific.

Are there plastic models for hounds or hunters yet? I'm new to the game, but I don't think I've seen any.

From my admittedly very limited experience, it seems like badge of office and last stand are the standard upgrades, the rest seem pretty weak or opponent-specific.

Hunters are available in Hoffman crewbox but not separately. Hounds aren't available yet.

Badge of office and last stand are usually the best upgrades but they are far from mandatory. You could even play Lady J without any upgrades.

Thanks for the replies!

Basically they were the models I was already looking at, so glad to see I was on the right track!

When you go with Hounds, how many do you usually run?  I was thinking 3 would be a good number, running them as a group up one flank.  That way I have some redundancy.  Or do you go with 2 groups of 2?

The other model I like the look of is Wardens, as they would be activating later in the turn (hopefully being Inspired!) they get some nice +'s and the Rams.  Otherwise the Hunter's movement tricks to go early are also nice!  Are the choices!

I also posted this in the other thread, but those that run Lady J as an anti-schemer/flanker, when do you get her stuck back in?

Wardens look awesome on paper. They cannot be released soon enough.

I also posted this in the other thread, but those that run Lady J as an anti-schemer/flanker, when do you get her stuck back in?

When it's the most fitting. Usually turn 4. Did you cripple the opponent's Scheme, or is the centre folding? Send her in.

I think the trick with hounds is to decide exactly what you want to do with them -before- you hit the table.

If you want some cheap activations, keep them in the rear and late game surge up with the 2 when people are too busy dealing with the rest of your crew to pay them much mind and grab some schemes, or even just take one to fill in the annoying "I have a few stones left but I have already bought my totem and effigy" stones.

Having 1 or 2 sitting back and saying "ok, your turn now" can throw some people, and allow the models you -really- want to react more opportunity to do so. Hell, stick them behind a pistoliro who is covering more important models and you get a great deal on activations and defence!! 

If you want to run a flank with them, go all in and get the 4 of them, and then possibly look to something like a sarge to give them extra move, and shift the scheme markers you have the chance to drop with all those activations.

Also starting Lady J at the moment... is it my imagination or is the Scales of Justice basically just a display model? There's pretty much no point taking it as far as I can tell.

It's not as bad as you might initially think. It's an activation and it nets you cards. It also helps with wp but that doesn't come into play all that often for me anyway.

Try it a few games is my suggestion. He grows on you.

Also starting Lady J at the moment... is it my imagination or is the Scales of Justice basically just a display model?  There's pretty much no point taking it as far as I can tell.

Yeah, what the others said. Card drawing is a pretty awesome ability.

I played 2 games vs a new Viks player with Lady J (40SS)

He had the Viks starter + upgrades

I had Justice with Badge and Last Stand

Francisco Wade In + Hermanos De Armas

Sidir Promises, By Your Side

2x Witchling Stalkers

Dead Marshall

MAN, DOES FRANCISCO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Lady J with Df7 managed to survive with 6 wounds a to both VIks, heal, kill Blood (she had 1 wound left) next turn and Ash after that thanks to Promises (MI 7 + flip is amazing).

Whats important is to keep Sidir within 5" of Lady J and Francisco so he can give El Mayor in the crucial turn.