zGuild's Purposeful Misinterpretations: The Lucius Journey.

zFiend

So I got to play a "game" with a borrowed crew today. Why I called it a "game" you ask? Because I lost turn 1. I had announced Entourage on Lucius, I was playing against Marcus (Myyrä) and I walked Lucius under 8" from my Deployment on turn 1 and I lost him. My starting hand was 9, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3 which I thought I'd had to go by with 4 soulstones only, I had no idea that I'd have a Cerberus on my face with +8 cards attacking Lucius on  :+fate  :+fate on attack and damage. Needless to say he died. I tried to prevent some attacks and flipped the black joker, one weak and one moderate. The Cerberus still had attacks left when Lucius left the board. 

It took me more time to get there, to get back, to setup the game than it took for me to lose. :D The most depressing game I've played ever and Lucius seriously can't take any beating.. Though I didn't feel like I was overextending him with a double walk turn 1. :D 

Anyway.. I'm planning on starting the battle reports etc on Sunday. I should have majority of my models on a "Good to go" level by then. 

I am seriously struggling between balancing Lucius and the minion ratio on his crews.. I always feel like I need something that stays and presents a threat, so a big beater to go with my minions, I've been mainly playing him Riflemen free and without Dashel but I think that's where the punch is in a Lucius crew. That or I need a big beater like Ryle or Peacekeeper that's usually "slow" as a weakness and use What Lackeys Are For to get rid of that weakness. Well that's it for today, back to painting! 

Maybe a H2W or two from the lawyer?

I presume you did "Highest authority"?

Useless duplications would help as well... 

Badge of office wouldn't hurt as well :P

But generally, yes, marcus can do a really nasty first turn alpha strike. And lucius is (from my perspective) a backfield general where minions do the dirty work while he walks around trolling enemy with their scheme markers.

Maybe a H2W or two from the lawyer?

I presume you did "Highest authority"?

Useless duplications would help as well... 

Badge of office wouldn't hurt as well :P

There was H2W on Lucius. 

I did but it only took away one flip from the attack part. 

Didn't have Useless Duplications. 

Not enough SS, I took Secret Assets and Legalese. 

I'm starting to think more and more that Austringers are a trap with Lucius. He probably needs the points for other stuff more. Two is seems to be too many.

Yeah? They are pretty good but they do make a big investment, 12ss. 

Batch #2 done to the point of adding in details later on. But good enough to hit the tables. I've been pretty much doing nothing but paint the last two days. :) Also this takes my total of painted Malifaux minis to a 192. :D

Now on to the last one. Another Lawyer, Mr. Tannen, Mr. Graves and The Main man Himself. This batch might take a little longer to finish. But we shall see. 

I will start playing with the crew nonetheless on Sunday. So first reps coming in. 

• Like 2

Seriously digging the color scheme... +1 Kudos :)

Thanks! I had a lot of problems deciding the color scheme but I thought the dirty whiteish/khaki with an aggressive red looked pretty cool. Then the big guys and the royal ones get some "nice" colors such as purple and green. :P 

One small detail I noticed when painting, the walking cane wearing lawyer has a vulture on the tip of it. Absolutely brilliant. It had to be golden! :D 

Did you make the bases or are they bought?

They are actually from Bases4war. I really like them, they look damn fine and are quite cheap. 

Nice, I like the colour theme too. Some closer up pics would be good :-)

Thanks! I'll try to take better pics later. Now it's just to track my painting queue and taken with a mobile so I can just upload them straight here. 

Trikk: I have traps on cobblewtones, did a few stones on the edgea of the dirt so it looks like they just broke tvrough. Unfortunately I'm on vacation so can't post pics but if you like I can do it next week.

@zFiend. Looking really good!!! Can't wait to hear and se more.

• Like 1

So I have managed to paint Mr. Graves and Mr. Tannen for the crew. Which leaves me to the last Lawyer and Lucius himself.. Who are on the table now closing in completion. 

Either way, I have at the moment a possible of 3 games coming up this weekend. All will be played with Lucius should so happen to come to fruition. 2 of the games have been flipped:

Game one, most likely against Rezzers: Corner deployment, Turf War, Alits, Breakthrough, Plant Explosives, Protect Territory, Distract. This flipped out pretty well for a Lucius crew actually. :D 

Game two, against Outcasts: Standard deployment, Turf War (again), Alits, Breakthrough, Plant Evidence, Distract, Deliver a Message. Not a bad pool either for a Lucius crew. 

Let's see how they go. :) 

As promised, here come my traps on city bases, hope you enjoy!

If you use premade bases you could probably just add a few flying stones to make it look like they are bursting out of the street or do what I did, stones aren't that hard to copy.

Posted here since the discussion came up here. Sorry for that zFiend, I know how you hate meandering threads ;)

• Like 4

As promised, here come my traps on city bases, hope you enjoy!

If you use premade bases you could probably just add a few flying stones to make it look like they are bursting out of the street or do what I did, stones aren't that hard to copy.

Posted here since the discussion came up here. Sorry for that zFiend, I know how you hate meandering threads ;)

Tusen tack my dear friend. Will probably work on mine today ;)