Unboxing Malifaux - Ironside's 'Troubleshooters' Crew Box

GMort

Thank you for another fantastic unboxing article.

Am I imagining things or are the pictures a bit darker than usual?

Also, you mention filling a gap with liquid green stuff before undercoating - I heartily recommend doing it actually after undercoating. At least for me, when I first got the liquid green stuff I was very disappointed in it but once I started using it after undercoating it has been so much more useful and easier to use. It needs to adhere to the surface and it sticks nicely to undercoat making gap filling a breeze.

But yeah, you're doing superb work with these articles - much, much appreciated!

Thank you, GMort, for another nice article.

Those miniatures look beautiful, Toni Ironsides and The Captain especially. The thing Captain is holding under his right arm... is that a helmet?

Math Mathonwy, I have been struggling with liquid green stuff a lot. I will try to use it after undercoating as you recommed. But how do you use it? Do you dilute it, let it sink into gaps and repeat until gaps are filled? Or do you use it straight out of pot, blob it onto gaps and then, when it dryes, scrap it with hobby knife and file with sand paper?

Its the Captain's helmet, he has a WW1 type gas mask it looks like!

Gmort I notice that you didn't get the "Patron's blessing" upgrade card either, that is three people I know (myself included). I wonder why we didn't get it (you can find it in the wave 2 arsenal deck). Perhaps it is something worth noting in your review, it does give the Captain casting expert after all!

Math Mathonwy, I have been struggling with liquid green stuff a lot. I will try to use it after undercoating as you recommed. But how do you use it? Do you dilute it, let it sink into gaps and repeat until gaps are filled? Or do you use it straight out of pot, blob it onto gaps and then, when it dryes, scrap it with hobby knife and file with sand paper?

After undercoating I simply glob it on and smooth it with a modelling tool. When I tried to do it before undercoating, the results were really sad (it tended to either not cover the seam or leave a blob that then slid off when I tried to trim it with a knife after it dried) but now I like it. It won't work for huge gaps (for those I use normal green stuff) but it's nice for stuff like this.
  • Like 1

Gmort I notice that you didn't get the "Patron's blessing" upgrade card either, that is three people I know (myself included). I wonder why we didn't get it (you can find it in the wave 2 arsenal deck). Perhaps it is something worth noting in your review, it does give the Captain casting expert after all!

Hmm, I didn't get one either. I didn't think about it before you mentioned it, I just checked that all the cards from Ironsides' page was there when I inventoried my box. It's really lame to have to buy the arsenal deck for a single card. I'll guess I'll print it from the beta pdf.

Thank you for another fantastic unboxing article.

Am I imagining things or are the pictures a bit darker than usual?

Also, you mention filling a gap with liquid green stuff before undercoating - I heartily recommend doing it actually after undercoating. At least for me, when I first got the liquid green stuff I was very disappointed in it but once I started using it after undercoating it has been so much more useful and easier to use. It needs to adhere to the surface and it sticks nicely to undercoat making gap filling a breeze.

But yeah, you're doing superb work with these articles - much, much appreciated!

Your welcome...and yes...the pictures have come out a little dark. My daylight lamp may need some new bulbs...

I had the same issue with Mouse and his rope as you did - I was too impatient even to realise that there wasn't any instructions on the site yet though, I just made him and guessed!  I also would recommend glueing the arm of the Mage with the big bit of magic force on after the models is painted and based up, so it can be joined to the end of the magic.

This is my version of the unboxing, with a few different construction tips as well 

http://www.madaxeman.com/Malifaux/Malifaux_Ironsides_Crew.php

Just need to race off home now and see if I'm also missing that card!