Unboxing Malifaux - The Brewmaster's 'Closing Time' Crew Box

GMort

Damn, what a great looking set of models. The feet attachments look sensible, especially compared to the Bayou Gremlins

The joint between the hand and the bottle (the finger) is quite thin so be careful with this part.

I'm sweating just looking at it!

I've been really looking forward to Brew since your original preview. The set looks excellent.

• Like 1

Brewmaster might be slightly too small (he also has the thickest base insert), but primarily I think the others look too large. I definitely think there should be a noticeable difference between Ht 1 and 2 models, e.g. Rasputina and her Ice Gamin.

Brewmaster might be slightly too small (he also has the thickest base insert), but primarily I think the others look too large. I definitely think there should be a noticeable difference between Ht 1 and 2 models, e.g. Rasputina and her Ice Gamin.

Now that you mention it, you are right. 

Imagine the joint between the bottle and the finger if they were scaled down to the size of Gamin...

That would only be a problem if you took the current model and scaled it, as opposed to designing a small model from the start.

I am ok with a bit of incorrect scale in this game as long as the models are somewhat close to what they are supposed to be and fit well on their bases.  At least Wyrd keeps the models from being way too large for their base.  Privateer Press has a horrible habit of making all of their models way too large for their bases.  You end up with models that overhang their bases quite a bit in a game which requires very close and precise placement of models and so you see people turning their model backwards or using blank bases to proxy the position of things since the models won't let you physically place them where the game requires them to be.

That bothers me way more than height 1 models that look more like height 2. 

Models matching their Ht isn't much of a thing in 2nd Ed from what I can see. There are models that do, but it's obvious from the amount that don't it's not a high priority. It used to be the case that you could roughly tell the Ht stat from the size of the model, but now it's just another stat like Wk or Wd that the sculptor might try to represent if they feel like it.