How To Mei Feng?

retnab

Both of those have ranged attacks so its a bit different I think. Dita can also ignore armor or incorporeal and has Crit, and Levi ignores everything including H2W and H2K

Well, Mei Feng has Precise and a built-in :+fate if the enemy burns. Granted on the ranged attack but charging in and rail walking out is at least comparable.

Regardless, I just mean that weak 2 doesn't automatically make a model non-killy.

Page 53, stacking box. It starts with "most effects stack", then lists exception, non of which apply to Vent Steam. It's important to remember that Vent Steam isn't a Condition.

So you mean that the bubbles stack so 2 vent steams mean double negative flips? That's actually pretty impressive, I didn't know that

Well, Mei Feng has Precise and a built-in :+fate if the enemy burns. Granted on the ranged attack but charging in and rail walking out is at least comparable.

Well it takes an upgrade, but it's a solid upgrade and you don't have to put it on Mei herself. Kang's aura can also "counter" many instances of HtW, and as Mei is the only Arcanist who can take Kang it's definitely a perk for playing her. :P

Agreed, and it's quite good at engaging models due to its Cg9. I usually run schemes with it and then assist the crew by tying up models and setting up rail walking points for Mei. I also think the emberling will get a nice boost come wave three when Mei can run with sparks (provided it hasn't changed).

@Psi - what a fantastic post. Really, I'm not kidding, that was great, it actually got me a little excited for Mei, even.

Good, I just want to spread my love for Mei Feng  :D 

The Arcane Effigy is actually pretty cool with her, I never thought of that for up to 5 or 6 extra burning damage.

Admittedly people will not want to take the burning, it's win-win if they don't as you are better prepared later if she goes early. If she goes late then yes, all that burning will soon add up, especially if you have squeezed the Emberling into your list.

The reason the Arcane Effigy (and Shadow for 10T) is extra good is it can set up as a stepping stone for her and Accomplice, no wasted motion as it were.

So has it ever happened that you vent steam and your opponent simply shoots or casts at something else? Like if you can't lure this Rail Worker, just lure that one over there. 

Lure could potentially mess up your day but unless it happens a lot to one model it tends to just help.

Also,  :aura  of 4" is huge!

What does the rest of the list look like? Is it mostly metal gamin, Rail workers, and other constructs? How far can you really expect her to push? Can she handle H2W? I'm a tad worried about that min damage 2 being a hindrance.

Always depends on strategies and schemes, this is Malifaux after all. However, usually the Effigy,  Mech Rider/Howard and then maybe a gamin or worker.

You don't need to fill your list with constructs but I would suggest you rate them over other models which are similar.

And of course my favorite question - what is she better at than the top 4 (imo) Colette, Ramos, Rasputina and Kaeris?

Arguably she is better at singling out enemies than those four. Also I guess combat is the answer.

That's hard to answer without just saying "she's not better or worse, she's just different".

As an aside, I tend to not take Hard Worker. Maybe I should but I find I don't want to use the (0) on the Workers and I have many upgrades I'd prefer Mei to take.