Lilith without the nephilim

I rarely run her with Nephilim and she does fine. Hell, I never run her as a grow list in over a year of playing Malifaux (Just not my style of play). She is an independent enough master that I can run her with damn near anything in Neverborn and get the job done. I typically built my crew around the strat and schemes and use her to augment them in various ways such as protecting them with her forest to block LoS to enemy shooters, to put them in the enemy's face as a way to tie up the opponent or to deliver a message, to pin enemies with her roots to keep them from advancing/scoring, to lure or pull enemies out of position and have her pick them off one at a time.

She is very diverse in her uses and hard for the opponent to pin down which makes her a wonderful tool box of a master, no matter what crew members I team her up with.

• Like 2

it is certainly possible to make an effective Lilith crew out of just about anything. :)

let's look at her non-nephilim synergy points:

1) tangle shadows - gets any model moving faster, great for throwing a monkey wrench into their crew while removing a vital part of it for your crew to kill.

2) terrain shenanigans - she makes it. she can see through it.  Plenty of other neverborn interact with terrain.

3) hitting things - not just with her sword, but enabling/preventing the hitting of things through her wicked vines too.

add in the fact that she is speedy, hitty and high Df in herself and you'll see that any model can thrive under her leadership.

I've had a lot of fun with her. I keep Barbaros and Cupid from her standard crew, because both bring so much to the table in shenanigan. Cupid is a monster for the points: 5' push and slow?  The ability to take (2) interacts as (1) and 1 as (0)?  Only Colette has anything close to this kind of cheese and with flight and 6' move you can assuredly keep him safe until you steal the game with him.

Barbaros is great for wasting the opponents time and often models, while the rest of the crew runs schemes, and ideal for "Frame for Murder". 

I fill the rest of the crew with swamp fiends.

Waldgeists are great for creating terrain for her to charge through, without giving up her line of sight blocking illusory forest and good targets for tangle shadows.

Juju is a great target for Tangle Shadows, especially with Eternal fiend and other swamp fiends, done correctly you can position Juju for the perfect hand-draining activation, and if he dies, no biggie.  Silurids have something of a counter synergy with her, due to ignoring her ignoring of line of sight restrictions, but I still take them for Distract, Cursed object and Deliver a Message.

Finally,McTavish is great ranged support. Lilith can conveniently snatch an enemy sniper from a good perch with Tangle shadows and replace it with McTavish. 

I run a brutal swamp fiend Lilith crew as well. I run gupps instead of sluirids though, I like that I can kill a cheap model off to unbury Juju if the opponent is playing smart.

Depending on the game I'll either run Mctavish and a few less stones, or Mr. Graves for the delicious push shenanigans with him and doppleganger, otherwise McTavish and doppleganger put out fantastic fire support.

you generally don't need more than a single graves push to get Lilith into range.

also, if you are simply dropping mctavish into a sniper's pearch, consider just taking a freikorps trapper instead - cheaper for a similar role.

Graves doesn't really fit in the category "nephilim aesthetics". The twins do though. While I have the sense that the original poster referred to Young, Tots, Mature, Shaman, Nekima, those kinds of nephilim. I could be wrong, just a feeling.

So how would this look:

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Lilith -- 4 Pool
 +Beckon Malifaux [1]
 +Living Blade [2]
 +Wicked Mistress [1]

Beckoner [7]
The Illuminated [7]
The Illuminated [7]
Tuco [7]
Waldgeist [6]
Waldgeist [6]
Waldgeist [6]

Either awesome or totally useless. Strategy and Scheme determines how useful this will be. 

All of the models you've mentioned I think look damn cool. You can't really go wrong with many of the Neverborn Plastics. I think they've got some of the nicest models Wyrd have produced. 

Still a bit bummed that they didn't go with this Chompy. I really liked the creepy look, even if it was non-traditional.

LordChompy.png