Mcmourning list tweaking

Spooney85

I'm going to roll out the inevitable here - but there's no such thing as a list for all schemes and strats (and that's why no tournament I've heard of demands single lists).  That is the reason you find these things out before you construct your list.  That list would probably do ok in Recconoiter/Interference/Squatters Rights (depending on the schemes) but would be pretty horrible for Reckoning as most of the stuff in that list goes down easily.  The list also relies on McMourning doing all the heavy lifting as there are no other decent beatsticks around.

What do you envisage the list doing?

Also, pretty much every McMourning list needs at least one, if not two, Guild Autopsies which is about as close as you can get to a 'standard' McMourning list.

Even though there is no such a thing as a list for everything as Jonah pointed out. This list has gotten me very very good results in the past and there's not much it can't do really:

Resurrectionists Crew - 50 - Scrap

Dr. Douglas McMourning -- 4 Pool
 +Decaying Aura [2]
 +Moonlighting [1]

Zombie Chihuahua [2]
Flesh Construct [6]
Guild Autopsy [4]
Guild Autopsy [4]
Nurse [5]
Rafkin [7]
 +Transfusion [1]
Rotten Belle [5]
Rotten Belle [5]
Sebastian [7]
 +Transfusion [1]

Even though there is no such a thing as a list for everything as Jonah pointed out. This list has gotten me very very good results in the past and there's not much it can't do really:

Resurrectionists Crew - 50 - Scrap

Dr. Douglas McMourning -- 4 Pool
 +Decaying Aura [2]
 +Moonlighting [1]

Zombie Chihuahua [2]
Flesh Construct [6]
Guild Autopsy [4]
Guild Autopsy [4]
Nurse [5]
Rafkin [7]
 +Transfusion [1]
Rotten Belle [5]
Rotten Belle [5]
Sebastian [7]
 +Transfusion [1]

OT - but what the hell is with your profile pic?!?!

I would definitely bring a 30ss core list and add to it depending on schemes. A quick thing I would shore up would be to have two modes of transfusion. Sebastian is already a pretty big target. Having him also have the ONLY transfusion on your crew makes him priority numero uno. 

Not certain I'd bring more than 1 Rotten Belle outside a Seamus list or a list dedicated to leveraging pounce.

Which, as a side note, a dead doxy on hallucenagens, in a list where you leverage triggering pounce as many times as possible, can get silly.

Unless of course your opponent has black blood...and you didn't bring Molly. Then that might not be the best idea.

Thanks for the replies guys, i know and agree theres no swiss army knife for all schemes and strats just looking for a great all round crew for the good Doctor.  I kept my original post very vague for this reason to provoke peoples ideas.

Reasons for certain models are as follows.

Doug-(great for killing and injection gives him another tactical dynamic if needs be, his upgrades are for the scheme marker benfits as well as the trigger to get more constructs.  Plastic surgery i have found has become a nice surprise with things like terrifying (living) as well as the obvious buffs to his poison preading)

Zombie chihuahua-Nothing further needs to be said i guess.

CAnine remains-Scheme runner

Crooked man-Bit of poison, good for scheme markers and tough to shoot which stacks nicely with seb's undercover

Flesh construct-Other than being a tank he is a great vessel for copious amounts of poison as well as a good candidate for frame for murder in seb seems too obvious

Nurse- One to stay in range of Mcmourning in case he really needs the buffs/heals/ poisons, the other to top up the construct with poison as well as others .

Crooligan-Obvious scheme runner/frame for murder candidate, can also be used more defensively to screen other units in collaboration with sebs undercover as well, and a bit of poison too i guess.

Rotten belle- No resser crew should leave home without at least one, lure into mcmourning or even just into sebs catalyst/induction aura.

Seb- The power of the crew in my opinion, undercover as well as catalyst/induction, transfusion is a must as noone else can/should take it, those are not ours is just a nicety if seb finds himself with nothing to do and a corpse marker nearby i guess

Thats my working anyway, i am interested in Rafkin and will look at guild autopsies when they come out

Two things. First, in a McMorning crew I think you are potentially overlooking the most powerful use of nurses, which is to give downers to enemy models, giving them the negative flip to their duals, and which Mcmorning ignores the armor portion of te effect due to precision.

Second I don't agree that a rotten belle is auto include. I think they are a strong, must consider for each list, but not auto includes.

Yep agree with the nurses for the downers, just overlooked it on my summary.

Belles to me i guess always hold a place in my heart i guess so apologies.  Their lure being as close to irresistable in this game is great and at 7 wounds and hard to kill for 5 points i always find a use for them in such a positioning crucial game.  I'll try and shoehorn raf in and maybe swap out some stuff forautopsies see how it plays out. 

I'm interested to hear what other think, but I almost never take two nurses just from ending up being too card hungry to be able to properly support both of them. I don't like the idea of hoping to flip a 'good' suit for Take Your Meds, so pretty much plan on having a high card with the suit I want or a low extra suit card to discard, having to do that twice a turn is asking more than my cards ever give me.

Now, if you're planning on that 2nd nurse really only being there to load up the poison, then I can see that as an option, as long as you're very sure the transfer/expunge train goes off without a hitch pretty often. I might want the Guild Autopsy in her place though. Some few opponents will let the one flesh construct get reactivate, but 2 or more they'll do whatever to hold onto that card, which makes another front you can pressure them on, possibly distracting them in some other area of their game.

Your reasoning for all the models is solid, you just need to think whether you need the things they bring for the particular strats/schemes that you are playing at any given point.  As Fetid states, Belles although very strong, are not an auto-include.

Top flipping for Nurses is often worth it depending on where the enemy model is placed as all of the conditions they get are bad!