Guard the Stash

Kogan Style

Hi all,

Has anyone here played Guard the Stash with the Resurrectionists yet? Got a game at the weekend and I've never played it so I am wondering which of our corpse-loving masters is most suited.

I was thinking Nicodem but will his bubble be effective in this given the markers are 10" apart?

Wondering whether Seamus can make use of the fact the markers are blocking to teleport to them if I need to make sure I gain the VP.

Any other thoughts welcome! 

Not sure there is a "most suited". Each does it differently, but fundimentally you need to keep 2 models alive in certain areas and deny those areas to the enemy.

It might be summonign in extra models to hold the areas (and Nicodem can just about manage that in both stashes), or keeping powerful models alive.

It might be area denile by pushes and burying,

It is less crowded thar Turf war can turn out, but not as spread out as Reconnotre.

Was just going to mention to LoS blocking myself!  Negates Belles somewhat.

Last game of Guard the Stash (practising for Bournemouth Kogan?!) I took Nico, Izamu and a Graveyard Spirit and parked Izamu (with Bodyguard on him) on one with the Spirit hiding behind him and held it from turn one onwards (I gave him Fast to move him up first turn).  Got to watch out for things that can ignore armour but it was a pretty lovely (gross) combination.

I was thinking Izamu, or possibly Jaakuna as options but as NeilH and Jonah point out, the markers are blocking so can hinder the push/pulls the Belles and Doxies can provide. Some stray thought is saying 'Dead Rider' but I can't decide whether that is sensible or just the model begging to be used  :lol:

Perhaps this one of the harder strategies to prevent scoring, other than outright butchering the enemy.

This is for Cow Wars Jonahmaul, but its nice that I get to play it again at MayFeng :D But Mayfeng is Fixed Master so got to be careful who I pick!

• Like 1

Ah, not making Cow Wars (and didn't play Malifaux when I only lived an hour away from MK!).  I've found Guard pretty hard to stop people scoring from.  I quite like it as a strategy as it feels like a proper slog trying to battle over the two markers and get your VPs (I generally find that one is quite easy to hold and then it's a bit of a last minute suicide run to get to the second one at the end of the turn (something that's easier with Nico handing out Fast!)).

I've still not decide which Master I'm taking for May Feng either!  Took McMourning at Here Be Dragons so I've been leaning towards Seamus or Nico (don't have enough experience with Kirai and waiting for plastic Molly box).  It would be a much easier decision if we knew the schemes!

Unnerving aura I believe causes 2 damage if a model starts and ends in 3. Valedictorian and izamu are pretty solid choices. Molly works well. To deny, you have to be able to kill a majority of models since it is only 1 model needed near each stash. Molly gives black blood. Use crooligans with their 0 to give double black blood damage.

Unnerving aura I believe causes 2 damage if a model starts and ends in 3. Valedictorian and izamu are pretty solid choices. Molly works well. To deny, you have to be able to kill a majority of models since it is only 1 model needed near each stash. Molly gives black blood. Use crooligans with their 0 to give double black blood damage.

I love Unnerving Aura but the Stash markers again throw a spanner in the works because of blocking LoS.  Although if you've got something engaged with Izamu it generally struggles to get away!

The valedictorian is pretty amazing as well...henchman so can use stones. range 3 ml 6 i believe has a zero than can be used to stop triggers. horror 12 all hard to wound and armor 1 as well as flying. It can be a very mobile beat stick and can shut down triggers and tie up one point all on its own. It can push models away as well which is perfect for guard the stash.

Also seriously it's not like Rezzers need to really worry about the blocking this much. Lure ignores cover, all it needs is LoS and if you can't walk and lure, well, it's not like there's options lacking to do something about that. 

Sybelle (who probably is with Seamus): Walk once, twice, whatever and (0) Call Belle. Double lure with LoS to any models hiding. 

Nicodem: Gives out Fast like candy. If 3 AP isn't enough to get someone of the 'Staches well I don't know what is.

McMourning: Either (0) Injection to push and Lure or simply Expunge everything to death that's standing there. 

:D 

really like mcmourning on guard the stash. Sub performer in for belle with heavy scheme based pools. Last time I played it (at adepticon) I made 3 lovely flesh constructs from their second point scorers. A lot of times people only have the resources to get points from it with one or two models on one stash and more of their force on the other. It was very easy to throw some poison on and expunge.