WYRD EU

trikk

Hi,

Since I`ve heard a lot of stores in Europe are waiting long for resupplying with Malifaux and the miniatures travel around the world (China -> USA -> Europe) wouldn`t it be cool to have a secondary Wyrd HQ in UK or something that would allow shipping the stuff there?

I don`t know how many people does Wyrd consist of but I know in Poland the main issue with Malifaux is the availabilty of miniature. From what I saw in some UK and GER stores, they lack a lot of stuff too. A lot of stores mention that they are awaiting for new boxes etc.

What are you opinions on this?

• Like 1

wouldn`t it be cool to have a secondary Wyrd HQ in UK or something that would allow shipping the stuff there?

What are you opinions on this?

Firstly, YES IT WOULD BE COOL! :D

I think given time it might well be a viable option, I'm getting pretty tired of the constant delays and release dates being pushed back over and over and over again due to weather or shipping issues at the docks etc. I appreciate most of this is entirely out of Wyrd's hands and I'm not pointing the finger at them but it is incredibly frustrating. I've been waiting on a few things for a while now. That damned Desolation Engine still eludes me with it's constant set backs. Having a European HQ where stock levels are maintained alongside those in the US could certainly help solve a lot of these issues. Of course this sort of Infrastructure requires, time, money, planning, various permissions, investment etc.

Time will tell I guess! 

• Like 1

The delays are frustrating but it's not the delays per se that are the issue.  I think what Wyrd are most guilty of in this front is announcing their releases before they have the product ready to ship.  If they didn't do that there wouldn't be delays (or at least we wouldn't know about them so there would be no perception of delays).  Just the fact that the products go to America first and then have to get shipped over to the EU separately when they could both leave China and head to their respective ports at the same time (I'm not sure what the difference is in boat time from China to UK and US but I think it's broadly similar).  Although in Wyrd's defence their release dates still seem to be pretty similar worldwide (I don't know if this is because they hold things back in the US until they've been received elsewhere - I did ask about whether the latest delays would be longer for EU in the official announcement thread but didn't get a response).

I don't mind them announcing the release dates as at least I know what is coming.  It does get frustrating if it gets pushed back but I can live with it.  I can understand how it may frustrate a lot of people if they are waiting for a particular thing.

But usually I have a massive backlog of minis I need to build so I usually have something to tide me over until the next releases!

I think I read that wyrd ship worldwide at the same time as the US so there is usually only a few days delay.

I think what Wyrd are most guilty of in this front is announcing their releases before they have the product ready to ship.  If they didn't do that there wouldn't be delays (or at least we wouldn't know about them so there would be no perception of delays).

You know, two months ago, they were under a lot of pressure to announce their releases far more into the future, even if they didn't want to becasue of your reasons. I don't know if you like the announcements or not (hard to read from your post), but this seems to be a swingy topic where they just cannot do it right.

• Like 2

You know, two months ago, they were under a lot of pressure to announce their releases far more into the future, even if they didn't want to becasue of your reasons. I don't know if you like the announcements or not (hard to read from your post), but this seems to be a swingy topic where they just cannot do it right.

Yeah, that's true.  Personally I like announcements.  But I'm also not too put out by the delays.  I have plenty of toys and know they'll get my money eventually.  It certainly is hard to please everybody.  I think they should maybe give broader release dates (maybe by quarter?) but as you say, there will still be people who aren't happy.

I like annoucements, I understand delays but for a lot of players if you can`t get the first box that you would like (and a lot of people that begin don`t play factions but certain masters) the fact, you can`t get a lot of boxes is discouraging and getting a lot of toys is cool if you`re buying your 4th master, not your first one. 

Don't wyrd pack the sprues in house? Which would mean a significant amount of resources needed for a secondary location, as you'd have to have two print runs, two sets of wrapping machines (theirs went bang very expensively last year iirc), two full warehouse crews, a second warehouse and people to manage said warehouse, two lots of shipping costs, two entirely separate tax systems (importing to your own warehouse for packing and distribution as opposed to sending final product straight to distributors would involve paperwork), two full lots of inventory sitting about rather than one (which is a taxable asset I believe)...

It would be massively expensive and require nearly doubling wyrds staff and costs potentially, when really the issue isn't the few weeks delay between US and EU distribution, it's getting the product made in sufficient quantity to keep breathing room. That isn't something a second warehouse would solve, it would just deplete their available assets for booking precious casting timeslots.

• Like 2

Don't wyrd pack the sprues in house? Which would mean a significant amount of resources needed for a secondary location, as you'd have to have two print runs, two sets of wrapping machines (theirs went bang very expensively last year iirc), two full warehouse crews, a second warehouse and people to manage said warehouse, two lots of shipping costs, two entirely separate tax systems (importing to your own warehouse for packing and distribution as opposed to sending final product straight to distributors would involve paperwork), two full lots of inventory sitting about rather than one (which is a taxable asset I believe)...

It would be massively expensive and require nearly doubling wyrds staff and costs potentially, when really the issue isn't the few weeks delay between US and EU distribution, it's getting the product made in sufficient quantity to keep breathing room. That isn't something a second warehouse would solve, it would just deplete their available assets for booking precious casting timeslots.

While I agree that this would generate costs the availability of models would ease the community grow. Its not just a matter of "the shipment takes 2 weeks more". Its a matter of "I want this" "Not available right now". "Then maybe this?" "Nope". 

I think Europe is a potent market and shipment, resolving mispacks and having good and easy access to a warehouse would make the game community grow rapidly, as I believe Mx is the best wargame I have played rule/miniature/fluff wise.

That's kind of my point - it's availability globally that is the issue, which isn't due to the lack of an EU location. It's down to being able to get enough casting slots quickly enough to fill demand, which is down to the casters and wyrd's negotiations with them.

After all, it's not like the wyrd store itself has everything in stock all the time. Splitting their inventory won't help if they can't double their stock, it will just make more stuff hard to find in various locations.

An extra warehouse does not solve supply problems, only distribution problems.