Jonah's Malifaux Minis

jonahmaul

I agree about your skill with painting black!  The contrast you managed between Santana's black jacket and black hair is awesome.  Absolutely love all three perditas and they really pop against the snow base.

Love the gore effects in the snow on the executioner too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, it's been a long time since I posted so I'm making up for it with 7 models!  I managed to get everything I wanted painted for the tournament but it wasn't painted to the level I would like so I've been finishing it all up.  First up two new Flesh Constructs for McMourning to play with:

DSCF3775_zps4guuvfmg.jpg

DSCF3776_zpsnrrkxqbs.jpg

DSCF3777_zpsf2mvugmm.jpg

DSCF3778_zpsdmeqcgkd.jpg

And some more friends for McMourning with my Canine Remains count as (they are Zombicide Dogs):

DSCF3780_zpswlkg6izv.jpg

DSCF3779_zpsdmvyzeby.jpg

• Like 1

And a couple of big guys.  First up Toshiro rocking his cherry blossom kimono that Yan Lo also wears:

DSCF3773_zpsluw1glih.jpg

DSCF3774_zpsztqynwjd.jpg

And finally also rocking the red and black Ancestor theme is the big man himself Izamu:

DSCF3769_zpsjzm0prah.jpg

DSCF3770_zps4pwgyc9z.jpg

DSCF3771_zpsxxczoy7a.jpg

DSCF3772_zpst0foqwzn.jpg

After painting most of him and varnishing I went back to finish the shoulder pads, greaves etc. with gloss varnish to give them a lacquered leather look which I hope has come out.  If the website I used is correct then the Kanji on this banners read Armour and Rebirth on the one side (the ones with two symbols each) and Death and Honour on the other.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, wow it's been a long time since I posted anything.  I got a bit distracted by real life and also Batman: Arkham Knight and The Last of Us: Remastered but I'm back with several models to show.  First up is my Forgotten Marshall conversion (seriously I don't think I'll ever not use him, he's bloody awesome!):

Forgotten%20Marshal%20%201_zps9nbopuos.j

Forgotten%20Marshal%202_zpsrzbxaojg.jpg

Nest up my Seamus Avatar:

Seamus%20Avatar%201_zpsukdw44dt.jpg

Seamus%20Avatar%202_zpsdj8vjvvc.jpg

And this is my TTB character Tarquin de Walt. Shamed Earthside because of his 'experiments' to truly understand life he managed to escape to Malifaux in the coffin of a family friend who's will requested he be buried Breachside. A learned scholar from a wealthy family Tarquin has not let his fall from grace affect his gentlemanly conduct and tastes for the finer things in life:

Tarquin%201_zpsopqebzul.jpg

Tarquin%202_zpsgw3zziqs.jpg

He'll be getting based soon as I'm borrowing some of the GW cracking earth stuff from a friend.

• 2 months later...

So it's been a *little* while since I updated this PLOG.  How about a mega update then?!?!  Been painting quite a bit recently but only got around to taking photos recently.  So here we go.

First up my Desolation Engine:

Desolation%20Engine%20%201_zpssnxj1fsu.j

Desolation%20Engine%20%202_zpsp6yblw8s.j

Desolation%20Engine%20%203_zpsb7rtpnkw.j

I had a lot of fun painting this guy and he was an absolute start in our Shifting loyalties campaign once I hired him about halfway through.  I'm really looking forward to playing him with Tara and Uburying him with four attacks into something's face!

Next up here are a couple of Freikorps:

Trapper%201_zpsylgvurc4.jpg

Trapper%202_zpsekwjbabl.jpg

Librarian%201_zpslypmjgmu.jpg

Librarian%202_zpswhtuagni.jpg

Strong%20Arm%20Suit%201_zpsiafeespe.jpg

Strong%20Arm%20Suit%202_zpsrjt4oc3k.jpg

Next up here is the lovely Taelor who I took as my leader in said campaign.  I own the metal version of her but finally managed to get the plastic version on it's own (I had everything else from the Viks box) and really enjoyed painting her:

Taelor%201_zpslqs1ziih.jpg

Taelor%202_zps1cwf3nly.jpg

A Ronin:

Ronin%201_zpsannwlpw9.jpg

Ronin%202_zpsr8dp9sro.jpg

And the Pokey Vik Puppet that I use as my Hodgepodge Effigy:

Poley%20Vik%20Puppet%201_zpsrvmzpzux.jpg

Poley%20Vik%20Puppet%202_zps2v2j63og.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys, hopefully some people are still following this (lots of views but not much interaction in here but hope I'm pleasing some people!).  Here are my Viks:

Vik%20Blood%201_zpssuaxwnh7.jpg

Vik%20Blood%202_zpsskw3yccj.jpg

Vik%20Ashes%201_zpsy0uuqeo4.jpg

Vik%20Ashes%202_zpsrzsnewt2.jpg

I have a lot of fun playing these ladies and I'm thinking of taking them to a single Master tournament early next year so I'm concentrating on stuff that are  options to take with them as they have to be fully painted (though I have an urge to paint Tara and mates too).

• Like 3

These all look great. I'm always impressed by people who do well the things I suck at. Like blood spatter. Yours looks naturally placed, and wet. what do you use to make it look so fresh?

Thanks.  For bits where it needs placing like the top of the Crooked Man's head I use a brush but when I want it random I just use a toothbrush and either just rub the toothbrush on the model or click the blood off the bristles onto the model to make it random.  And I use Citadel Technical paint blood.

Good work!

Only real suggestion I have is to crop the empty space around the models out of the pictures, so it emphasises the miniatures as the focus.

The purple tones of the Doppelgänger's exposed flesh is nice.

Thanks also! I do crop them but find that if I crop them too much they become a bit too in your face?  Personal preference I guess!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, carrying out with my Outcass and got a couple more painted.  First up Ama No Zako.  Unfortunately the pictures aren't great as one of my lamps blow so the light is off.  Once I get a new one sorted I'll probably take some new snaps:

Ama%201_zps2nsn55sk.jpg

Ama%202_zpswel2aeh8.jpg

Ama%203_zpseblptfz2.jpg

Ama%204_zpsjz0jje4h.jpg

I also painted Tara who was bloody quick and easy to paint and I'm really happy with the results.  The 'nothing' bits have a two tone paint over the top of them which sort of comes out in the pics but looks better to the naked eye:

Tara%201_zpsqabvnoqe.jpg

Tara%202_zpsylbqnf9c.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...