Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

Um... wasn't Ash somewhat famous for his staunch opposition to zombies (up to and including the zombie version of himself)?  Shouldn't you Resurrectionists hate that guy?

They aren't very bright, you know.

Well I managed to get a game in over the weekend. Not sure if it counts for last month or this month but as promised... Perdita got the shit kicked out of her. 

Turf War - Corner Deployment

ALiTS

Assassinate

Distract

Power Ritual

Entourage

My List

C. Hoffman -- 4 Pool
 +Arcanist Assets [1]
 +Field Mechanic [2]

Mechanical Attendant [2]
Guardian [8]
Howard Langston [12] <--- Obligatory Merc.... kinda. :D
Ryle [10]
Warden [6]
Watcher [4]
Watcher [4]

I got 4 VP Turf War, 3 VP Assassinate ;) , 3 VP Power Ritual

His List

Perdita Ortega -- 5 Pool
 +Badge of Office [2]
 +Trick Shooting [2]

Enslaved Nephilim [3]
Francisco Ortega [8]
 +Wade In [1]
Nino Ortega [7]
Papa Loco [7]
Pistolero De Latigo [5]
Pistolero De Latigo [5]
Santiago Ortega [7]

He got 2 VP Turf War, 2 VP Distract

End Game Result = 10-4 to Guild

Some game highlights:

- Hoffman is a bro! He took on and tanked Francisco for 2 Turns eventually killing him. 

- Perdita doesn't like Wardens with Targeting Systems activating at the end of the turn when she has no cards left. She got Paralyzed and then....

- Perdita also doesn't like Langston up close and personal, she got decapitated (I got the trigger twice in a row :D)

- Ryle and Papa Loco failed hilariously at killing each other for ages about 2-3 turns. Eventually I hit Papa Loco with my Hydraulic Fist only to hit the RJ for Damage killing Papa outright but the Explosion also took out Ryle.... Still. Eggs and Omelettes right? 

No Outcast Merc this time but I did hire in some outside help so that counts right?! 

No Outcast Merc this time but I did hire in some outside help so that counts right?! 

Well, that's for you to decide. I'm very pleased with the result, for sure. Do you think you did your main faction justice?

I'll count it for May, by the way. Ressers are behind in games far enough.

That said, April ended with Guild in the lead, with 16 to 14 wins, and +55 to +44 VP difference.

Do you think you did your main faction justice?

Well I'm sure the Outcasts would appreciate the sentiment of hiring in some outside help. I would have approached Lazarus but, well... he and the Guild have... history :D

Fair enough! I shall try get another 2 games in ASAP this month. 

That said, April ended with Guild in the lead, with 16 to 14 wins, and +55 to +44 VP difference.

SUCK IT RESSERS! :D

Well, that's for you to decide. I'm very pleased with the result, for sure. Do you think you did your main faction justice?

Is that based on all game played or have they been evened out somehow?

After my crazy amount of games over the past month I'm only managing one game this week which is slightly surprising!  I'll be playing against Outcasts so I'm expecting some Viks in the face again!

Is that based on all game played or have they been evened out somehow?

The VP are difference, so the played games don't change the result. The wins are just totalled, so Guild has the advantage there.

Anybody heard from Underdog6750? 

He was last online on April 27th. Not like he's been away from the forum totally.

I, as an outside observer and utterly impartial (pay no mind to my avatar) suggest that you simply average out the games played. It would be possible to game the system but I doubt anyone would.

Good suggestion.... I'll think about it.

I still think that if lost VP counted for the other faction would be the fairest approach... Also, I'm not responsible that the Guild played more games.... some advantage would be expected.

Well, what to do? I'll think about it.

There it is again. The goddamn Guild tyranny. We were supposed to be a democracy on this! :D

We are. I'm just not sure on how best to approach it. If you want to play with the numbers and can reason why it's fair, be my guest.

• Like 1

Also, I'm not responsible that the Guild played more games.... some advantage would be expected.

This is true but since forum posters seem to be way above average Malifaux players it seems (or they schedule games against noobs for the purpose of this thread or whatever) that losing a participant is a huge blow. And no one is really responsible for it since there could be any number of good reasons for not playing (ranging from simply forgetting to having no time or a medical crisis or whatever). :)

It is becoming very serious!  But you Guild scum must not stack the deck and take your beating from the true Masters of Malifaux!

Hey! We didn't stack the deck. We just played it.

This is true but since forum posters seem to be way above average Malifaux players it seems (or they schedule games against noobs for the purpose of this thread or whatever) that losing a participant is a huge blow. And no one is really responsible for it since there could be any number of good reasons for not playing (ranging from simply forgetting to having no time or a medical crisis or whatever). :)

Absolutely true. Well, most Guild players reported at least one loss, but yeah... I fully expect not to get my three games this month, too. Averaging just leads to so much information loss with such a small sample. I think of doing a Wilcoxon test to determine if there is a winner or a tie...

• Like 1