Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

The battle lines have been drawn!  On Sunday I will be taking on the law-making scum as we Guard the Stash.  Schemes have already been generated so we can plan our crews in advance and we'll have ALiTS, Outflank, Protect Territory, Make them Suffer and Bodyguard.  I'll almost certainly be running McMourning or Seamus though I am tempted to take Nicodem for the strat.  However, as it's a single Master tournament practice game I doubt I'll take Nico for the tournament so one of the former will probably win out.

• Like 1

Claims of inevitability on the part of taxes are greatly exaggerated.  A person, either living or dead, can -through their own will- hold the petty highwaymen of the law at bay forever.

Death, however, comes to the low and the high equally. We are inevitable. Our victory is assured, Guild. My only sadness is not being one of the heroic seven Ressers taking you on.

Good luck and great flips to my brothers and sisters in green!

• Like 2

First game has been played and it ended in an unsatisfactory tie 5-5. Nicodemic and I will probably have to take a rematch. He might be doing some sort of report of the game. I'm not in a mental state to even consider that at 3AM.

• Like 1

Battle report from tonights game at gaming club.

My oponent:

Lucius

Captain Dashel

The Scribe

Doppelganger

2 x Guild Lawyer

3 x Guild Guard

Me

Nicodem

Vulture

Mortimer

Izamu

Valedictorian

Betê Noire

Board

Some trees (soft cover and we could move trough them but blocked LOS) scattered arround the board, some ht 1 walls spread out and 2 ht 3 hills. Middle pretty open.

Strategy: Reckoning

Guild Schemes (not sure at all, likley line in the sand and protect territory)

Reser schemes: Break Through and Bodyguard (Betê Noire)

Deploy, I scattered out and he focused in the middle

Turn one Guild:

He moved up Guild gards pretty agresseve to center of board to controll center and probably make scheme margers for line in the sand

Lawyers moved up behind, and Dashel was in the lump in the middle. His master kept close to add support

Turn one! Moved Mortimer up 4" placed two corpse markers

Nico Summoned a bell and made Valedictorian and Izamu fast

Bell Lured Izamu 4" up the board

Valedictorian moved once and then charged a Guild Guard, managed to transfer student and got realy deep within enemy lines

Izamu Moved once and Charged a Guild guard

Valedictorian and Izamu pretty much locked up all center booard and most his models with there 50mm bases and :melee 3"

Turn 2:

Guild, he managed to put on a condition on both Valedictorian and Izamu that they would get damage if they deal damage +3 on valedictorian and +2 on Izamu. Valedictorian managed to activate before it though and killed Guild guard and moved in to tie up maximum number of models Izamu kulled Scribe and moved up to lock rest of models except maybe doppelganger. He focused to bring My heavy hitters down, I used a 1 stone in the end to prevent damage to save her to round 3, Izamu got down to 3 wounds. He killed a summoned PunkZombie that allmost killed a Lawyer. Mortimer walked and did 2 new corpsmarkers. Nicodem summoned 1 crooligan and one punkzombie (that got killed later) and gave the punk zombie fast  so he could walk and charge the lump. 

Turn 3

He cheated initative to start, a lucky red joker saved my valedictorian, and nico activated. casted Decay on both Valedictorian and Izamu, sacked a corpsemarker on each to heal them to full, and he summoned another Crooligan. After I killed my 2:nd model in the lump of models I brought in Betê to, to tie up even more. turn 4 would likley had been a tabeling as everthing were litteraly tied up by those three models. I alredy out activated him too as I had more models.

After that my oponent shaked my hand, most likley a 10-0 victory for the Ressers

• Like 3

So, we're two games in, and we have to discuss how we handle games of us against each other. Since anybody can submit 3 games, we're losing out on games if we play each other.

I would find it appropriate if the games count two times (it's more stand-offish if they are). SO what do you think?

Depending on that we have either:

Two games in and 15-5 for Resser

or

Three games in 20-10 for Resser.

• Like 1

Congrats PJ! 

So, we're two games in, and we have to discuss how we handle games of us against each other. Since anybody can submit 3 games, we're losing out on games if we play each other.

I would find it appropriate if the games count two times (it's more stand-offish if they are). SO what do you think?

or

I think that the Stand-Off duels should count as two games as well. They won't go in that many I would think.

• Like 2

or

As you have taken the responsibility of running this I think we leave the decision to you.  If we're still only playing three games it does make sense that it counts for both players games as you state.

How are we choosing our games?  Do we nominate them beforehand?  Or take the first three of a given month?  As chances are I'll play more than three games in a given month.

It'll be like trench warfare. Nobody moves, if they do they die and just a wall of bullets and lures coming at each other. It will be possibly THE lamest game we've ever played since Hamelin playtesting. *shudders*

Oh yeah, that game was awful.

We did 2 games so far, this is the report with same guy with the same crew, for me I played McMourning crew. I think this is more the format I will leave my battle reports in, if people want reports. Please let me know if you like/do not like.

It is hard to go into more details than this as Malifaux is hard to report as you move models every second time (mostly). And remembering, especialy what the oponent did is pretty hard. I try to type down the reports imediatly as soon as I get home, but downing a few beers do not help the memory. In general they are accurate but I might miss out something.

I used:

McM (3)

Evidence tampering

Plastic Surgery

Zombie Chihuahua

Sebastian (8)

Those are not ours

Betê Noire (9)

Unnerving aura

Valedictorian (10)

Rotten Belle (5)

Crooked man (5)

Crooked man (5)

(Think he had, and some upgrades ofcourse)

Guild:

Von Schill

Scribe

Captain Dashel

Doppellganger

Guild Lawyer

Guild Lawyer

Guild Guard

Guild Guard

Guild Guard

Squatters right

Bodyguard

Take prisoner

Make them suffer

Assassinate

Line in the sand

I picked Bodyguard (Betê Noire) and Assassinate, he picked Line in the sand (revealed) and Take prisoner (Betê Noire)

He won first turn, and picked side to get hold of a 2 story building near his deployment. He pretty much center deployed everything

Board layout:

Two houses on each side one house in middle half inside each deployment zone. Some fences spread out arround the "middle" open square.

Deploy:

He won and picked side and deployed first. Standard deploy, he picked side to have a two story building near his deployment zone with a nice balcony overlooking all center board. He pretty much center deployed everything

My deploy, Crooked men to the right and mid right. Valedictorian to the far left, rest in the center.

Turn one, my Valedictorian and McMourning moved up hidden behind buildings on the left, to the left most Squat marker. One guildguard moved up to get close to the rightmost squat marker. Chihuahua sebastian and Bell moved up behind a softcover fence. Sebastian cast under cover (protects chihuahua and Bell). Bell lures Guild Guard once.

He moved up on the balcony with two Guild Guards

He moved his Doppelganger up the middle like it werent affraid, touching middle Squat marker

A lawyer moved to the 2:nd most left squatmarker with a little help from his master (I think)

Guild guard (lured one) opened fire and killed my poor chihuahua

0 - 0

Turn two: Sebastian cast under cover yet again, and summoned a K-9 from the dead chihuahua (small dog just got bigger!?!) Veldictorian moved arround to the back, and McMourning flipped the squat marker and run behind the house on the middle left side. Crooked men placed out some poison from their casting and Belle got locked in position (discard a card to move). She still managed to lure a lawyer out of position

He started building the line in the sand and flipped squatters now with all the models in the middle and took as defencive possition as he could.

1 – 1 (Squatters right one each)

Turn three: McMourning moved into the house he hid behind and did two rancid transplants to Doppelganger and the expunged it into a flesh construct. The K-9 charged in and did nothing but die, just to summon Betê and leave a corpse marker that Sebastian used to do yet another K-9. Paralyzed Dashel and Fleshie swallowed him..Betês Unnerving Aura putted out some wounds as she survived a few activations arround her. Valedictorian charged his master and Betê made sure she locked up as much as she could, together with the K-9, Bell lured the Guild Guards on the building down (falling damage) and made them stick in the close combat cloud. Betê ”died” and unbuired again to still lock up stuff.

2 – 2 (Squatters right one each)

Turn four: Another flesh construct popps up from the Scribe. Betê and Valedictorian chews down Lucius alot, and he can't declare any triggers from lecture note, and after he activates, I manage to paralyze him with Betê. No Devouer though. K-9 dies as do the crooked man in the back. Both crooked men manage to dish out alot of poison and I manage to get a K-9 out of it, since poison killes a Guild guard when he activates. When the dust settles I have managed to stay clear arround one squat marker and claim it

3 – 2 (one point Squatters for me)

Turn five: Lucius gets devouered by a flesh construct, a 3:rd fleshie gets expunged out. I pretty much clean up the middle of the table and takes controll of 4:th Squat marker. Bell, both crooked men and Sebastian lies dead in the sand. But Valedictorian, Betê 2 flesh constructs and a k-9 is still alive. I can't reach his final Lawyer as it run of to hide. Even with McMourning flipping a few schemes for me at end of game, I did not negate Line in the sand for him.

He managed 3p for Line and 2p for Squatters

I managed 2p Assasinate, 3p Bodyguard and 4p Squatters

9-5 win ressers

• Like 3