McMourning as Guild

jonahmaul

Yeah, I can see the poison not racking as high in Guild (although with Seb, McMourning himself and Lawyers as mentioned it's not unreasonable to get a fair amount of poison on something) but an Expunge at Ca7 with a known damage hit it better than a Ml6 attack with 2/3/6 in my book.  Plus as a (0) it's still extra damage on top of his attacks.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can see the poison not racking as high in Guild (although with Seb, McMourning himself and Lawyers as mentioned it's not unreasonable to get a fair amount of poison on something) but an Expunge at Ca7 with a known damage hit it better than a Ml6 attack with 2/3/6 in my book.  Plus as a (0) it's still extra damage on top of his attacks.

All true.

Because of this, Guild needs a global power boost. Now.

No. McMourning needs to lose the Guild dual faction. :D

On topic.. We are being watched. This has actually gotten me really interested in trying out a few shenanigans in Guild with the Doctor. :D So I think next week I shall put the Guild McMourning on the table.

• Like 2

Don't forget to discount our new friend the Brutal Emissary. The 0ss McMourning upgrade doesn't change much, it it can still use it's (0) for massive poison blasts. 

Aside from the Preformers, any poison-interacting mercenaries? 

Don't forget the Brutal Effigy either. How much healing is too much healing?

Don't forget the Brutal Effigy either. How much healing is too much healing?

too.. much... healing? I think I heard you wrong. There can't be such a thing!

Maybe a Witchling Handler could be fun to include. Nothing seems more evil than expuning poison and burning the model in the process. Precise can help you summon Witchlings by using the sword trigger. (No flesh construct, but hey) You do need Witchling stalkers to gain the full benefit from it, though. (Who are a terrible choice on their own :rolleyes: )

• Like 1

I can definitely see their use with Nurses but in general I'm not a fan of Witchling, even when I use them with Sonnia.  They're just soooooo squishy!  A Handler seems like an expensive investment for McMourning though when there are likely other things that he will want in his crew.

Witchlings keep impressing me every time I see them in action. But my local guild player doesn't use them much because of reasons. He is also the mythical player that doesn't play Austringers. 

Nurses will be good. I also think that Guild McMourning will make great use of Injection. The (0) that pushes a model and drops a marker. It can make some models faster. Also fun to combine with Nurses to make the model gain more Ml damage.

This thread made me interested in playing Guild with dr.McMourning. What has become of me?

This thread made me interested in playing Guild with dr.McMourning. What has become of me?

Soon you will come fully over into our fold!

I like his (0) for the push and poison but feels wrong without Transfusion around (I know I could just condition removal it but seems like such a waste of good poison!).

Soon you will come fully over into our fold!

I like his (0) for the push and poison but feels wrong without Transfusion around (I know I could just condition removal it but seems like such a waste of good poison!).

You can also let the poison tick down. Sure, it will be a whole 2 damage, but this really depends on how much you need that scheme marker or positioning. But if I had the choice of Injecting a model with 1 wd left to score me the full points for a scheme, then I know what to do :)

You can also let the poison tick down. Sure, it will be a whole 2 damage, but this really depends on how much you need that scheme marker or positioning. But if I had the choice of Injecting a model with 1 wd left to score me the full points for a scheme, then I know what to do :)

Absolutely, but that's a situation that isn't likely to occur that much.  With this ability plus the ability to give orders combined with Austringer's I can see a lot of scheme marker shenanigans.

I really do love the synergy between Nurse, Performers, and Lawyers, though. Lawyers can drop poison and make doing damage a problem for enemies. McMourning can push a model up then have it drop a scheme marker near enemies, then the performer can explode it for Seduce and cause  :-fate to DF/WP duels which makes nurses better, and the performer can also do crazy expunges. McMourning's will be more accurate, and without the crazy poison generation of the resur faction, you don't have to worry about the cap so much- BUT if you leave the expunge to the performer, McMourning's (0) can be more readily used for scalpel slingin'. 

He really is one of my favorite masters in guild or resur. I'm just more of a guild player at the moment. 

Closest thing i've found to a guild poison list:

Guild Crew - 50 - Scrap

Dr. Douglas McMourning -- 6 Pool
 +Evidence Tampering [2]
 +On the Clock [1]

Brutal Effigy [4]
Guild Lawyer [6]
Guild Lawyer [6]
Nurse [5]
Nurse [5]
Performer [6]
Performer [6]
Sebastian [7]

McMourning, and the Lawyers try and hand out poisons. The lawyers and the nurses try and hand out debuffs (Seduce, Fees, etc). Sebastian hampers SH and makes area poison more devastating with his +2 poison damage aura, and the performers go for the big kill. Brutal Effigy eats activations, helps McMourning heal, increases card draw, and can be injected to do schemes. Or can just do schemes. 

Swap out a nurse or a Lawyer for a scheme runner like a watcher if things like Plant Explosives or Plant Evidence come up. Performers are good at "Vendetta"- just make sure not to use Siren's call on a friendly until after you use it on an enemy.

Absolutely, but that's a situation that isn't likely to occur that much.  With this ability plus the ability to give orders combined with Austringer's I can see a lot of scheme marker shenanigans.

Also, if they've got something like vendetta, or Something like Collect the Bounty or Reckoning is on the board, killing them with poisons could keep a model from scoring a VP. :3

One thing to remember with the exorcist and the executioner... Not many models in guild ignore triggers. Exe's ignoring these is golden, and whilst I've only used exorcists a couple of times there ability to make people undead then sit within 3" was a big help.

Main thing I like with mcM is to keep him slightly behind the lines giving out precise and pushes... And then when a target appears or I need healing I send him in. If I am going to expunge someone, I'm only going to do it with plastic surgery has been taken so I can use rancid transplant to build the poison up - possibly running so e of my expendable stuff in to take a bit of damage. To intensive personally with infect and stoning for extra crows. Can use nurses for 8 poison but I quite like using zombie chi wawa's expunge for that as people don't we it coming lol.

Also I find he is a bit squishy. Wp 5 meant last game I played he spent more time paralysed then doing stuff! Really don't want to use the frank crutch but beginning to find it irresistible.... Anyone else found some good stuff to keep the doctor going in that way?

Amen to nurses being great, but I love also taking stalkers, handlers and Hopkins if I can get them in. Also nothing annoys people more then fully healing the peace keeper between nurse and a stalker, then pushing them in to flurry with mc mourning....

Gave the good Doctor a run out as Guild for the first time this past week.  I was playing Headhunter against a Zoraida Gremlin crew consisting of Gracie, Francois, 3 x Rooster Riders and a Whisky Golem.  I went with Sebastian, Zombie Chihuahua, Nurse, Witchling, Death Marshall, Pathfiinder and two Austringer's.  The game started off very badly for me as one of the Rooster Riders killed my Pathfinder to score 3VPs for Vendetta and also stop me scoring it as it was the model I'd chosen for it (v the Whisky Golem).  The Death Marshall also died thanks to Francois hitching a lift on Gracie and the Witchling died just afterwards so it basically ended up as a McMourning crew with some Austringers!  After that big swing in the first turn I managed to pull out a very hard fought 6VP v 5VP victory which I was pretty proud of.  Notable highlights included the Nurse completely shutting down the Golem for two turns thanks to Meds (I love Nurses so much!) and me having to keep the Golem and Gracie alive for two turns so that I could score Distract (I killed off Francois with McMourning plus the Rooster Riders pretty quickly).

I made a mistake in the last turn in the way I activated models which meant that Zoraida could Obey the Whisky Golem twice to Distract one of the Austringer's which would have meant I either could have scored my last point for Headhunter or stopped the Distract by getting the second Austringer to push his mate out of the Golem's engagement range.  But I would not have been able to do both so it would have ended a draw but fortunately he failed the second Obey after burning all his good cards keeping Gracie alive from a McMourning attack.

Gah! Why would you choose the pathfinder for vendetta when you can use one of the two asutringers! :P "My first attack is against you. From 18" away. And without line of sight. Announced, that's one point. Kill it, that's another.

Past that, well done. I don't often see a need for two austringers- when it could as easily be a stalker, or a warden, or a watcher... something with a different role.

ENinja