Lucius Neverborn Crew, ideas?

default_108

I need to free up a point somewhere for Useless Duplications so that she doesn't even need to be engaged with the target, just standing nearby. I think this will be a particularly useful trick for Guard the Stash, since models could just hide on the other side of the stash marker from the rifles. 

Edit: Myrra I agree. This would take a turn to set up - move Doppel into range at the end of one turn, then use her as the bending point in the next. Or wait until the nasty has activated. 

And then there's where I'm at; "Man, I'd use everything in the Hoffman box, I should get that next. Say, Hoffman's a cool master, but I really need Ramos' box to get the most out of him... Oh, hello there Arcanists. I wasn't going to, but if you insist..."

Wyrd has designed their game extremely well from that perspective, and I don't even mind.

• Like 1

And then there's where I'm at; "Man, I'd use everything in the Hoffman box, I should get that next. Say, Hoffman's a cool master, but I really need Ramos' box to get the most out of him... Oh, hello there Arcanists. I wasn't going to, but if you insist..."

Wyrd has designed their game extremely well from that perspective, and I don't even mind.

I have good news for you. Those problems stop when you have bought all the crew boxes they sell.
  • Like 3

Only thing I might suggest is dropping one of the Riflemen for a Depleted. You can farm the Depleted for stones all game long (eight wounds and htk make it pay for itself with Devil's Deal) or you can use it as a cheap roadblock piece.

Am I missing something?  I see I could 3 times get a soulstone for free from them more or less by shunting 3 damage to them, but how are you farming them all game without killing them?

I get that illuminated heal a min of 3 per turn so hitting them is ok, but I don't get where you are farming stones from them all game.  Or is it just 3 times?

Candy's not got much in the way of specific synergy w/ Lucius, but she's such a pain in the ass that she works pretty well with him, and he's got decent activation control just 'cause he likes a lot of minions.

I'm not a fan of healing that requires both a suit and a non-0 action, though, so don't feel she gets that strong mileage out of that part with him/don't think that's much of a reason to take her. 

• Like 1

I got my first game in last night with my Lucius crew, against Pandora of all masters. I didn't make a detailed battle report, but I will put down some impressions.

The Dashel-Riflemen firebase does indeed put out a crazy amount of damage. Riflemen accounted for Barbaros, a Sorrow, Teddy, and something else I am forgetting. If the Strategy had not been Guard the Stash with its two giant blocking HT5 50mm markers that he could just tuck models out of sight behind and still score it would have been more.

To complement the rifles I took two Illuminated and a Beckoner. The Illuminated made fantastic Devi's Deal targets and were their usual stalwart selves. The Beckoner was incredibly useful, a real star of the show in this crew. A couple of times she used her lure to pull riflemen away from jamming models which then got gunned down.

As for Lucius himself, Devil's Deal + Wings of Darkness + Primordial Magic let me draw 10 cards to start each turn, which still didn't save me from at least one hand of utter junk. But that was still 10 useless cards not in the draw for the rest of the turn. What Lackeys Are For basically auto-scored Deliver a Message for me, and Legalese kept him safe from the Pandora Inflict bomb as well as allowing me to snipe out the middle of his ALITS markers.  

• Like 5

I didn't think you could use devils deal when using a soulstone to draw extra cards as it's not Lucius spending the stone so much as his crew. Looks like a good crew though, and you are encouraging me to break him back out

It's not Lucius doing the card draw, so you can't.

I'd dispute this based on the Wording of the Wings of Darkness upgrade because it states "When this model spends a Soulstone in the Draw Phase...."

Seems rather unlikely that Wings of Darkness upgrade changes who spends the soul stone. If it does, it is really good on Lucius.