starting out with gremlins!

Verdeloth

Thanks for the tip. I looked them up and i liked freebooters fate model the most but ofc i didnt have any stores that sell them close by -_- but i might found a way out still

Question. Wongs lighting jump. The flip card for everone within 3 pulse have chans to take damage do it still happen even if the deffender win the oposed duel? the attack dont say "after damagin then pulse" or "deal x/x/x damage and pulse" or "after succseed against an enemy then pulse" ect.:)

Thanks for the tip. I looked them up and i liked freebooters fate model the most but ofc i didnt have any stores that sell them close by -_- but i might found a way out still

Question. Wongs lighting jump. The flip card for everone within 3 pulse have chans to take damage do it still happen even if the deffender win the oposed duel? the attack dont say "after damagin then pulse" or "deal x/x/x damage and pulse" or "after succseed against an enemy then pulse" ect. :)

Don't have Wongs card, but as a general rule the attacker has to win the duel to do any of the effects from the duel. If the defender wins then you don't need to apply any of the effects.

Yes i would say like that to but its worded different then other attacks.

Its like its a part of the attack that just check immidlity because it not give any "worded" terms on the pulse effect when it happens.?

Normal attacks say like when model suffer damage then put 1+ poison ect

this one just dont say anything. Just pulse around the target

Its one thing if its worded like this if it was a trigger but here its say it in the attack

I would still say no.

Imagine it read:

(1) lighting jump (ca 7(book) / TN: 13(book) / Rst: DF / RG (shoot) 10 )  This model flips a card wich may not be cheated for every model withint 3 pulse of the target. all models wich recieve a crow suffers 2 damage

Its not if target suffers damage, as the target might be able to reduce the damage to 0 but the pulse will still happen.

It is an attack that does 2 things. it does damage to the target, and it potentially does damage to all models near rthe target. The 2 effects are unrelated, both just need the spell to suceed

Yes, sometimes the action has words which apply to the attack flip, but thye need to tell you they do, otherwise they don't.

To be honest I don't think any attack states that it happens if they suceed. I think you are thinking of triggers, and it isn't a trigger.

I can't think of any other attacks that have a pulse effect, but lots of attacks don't deal damage, and they don't state anything about suceeding. Look at Lileth with her place switching attack (I can only think of Transposition, and I know thats her 1.5  version). It does a series of place effects. They only all happen if the attack suceeds, but they will all happen

Yesterday i browsed thro many of my cards to see if i could found a similar wording on an attack action (no, no trigger) thats a part of the attack but i couldnt. so i started to look how the other attacks that had an after text / effect hit / succseed / damaged ect was worded up as examples for this question.

im at work now and have no cards avaible for me but all things how it should be worded have just been examples how it could look like.

Maybe im not experienced enough to see the answer in this attack just looking at it but all other attack effects have more or less been very accurate with the wording and make misunderstandings hard.

If noone can see it how i look at it then im sorry for missunderstanding the line :/

I know how it should work but the wording just confused me when many other cards never make me wonder what they do

The big rulebook states that you apply an abilities text after the duel succeeds (pg 37). 

I would say text like you get a + to hit is an exception to the time when that text normally goes off (and exceptions on cards override big rulebook).

Though if Wong hits and flips a black joker on damage would the pulse still go off? I recall reading somewhere the BJ means the duel failed, but can't actually find that text now that I'm looking for it. Closet I can find is pg 47 which mentions since the BJ does no damage after damage and whikle damaging triggers don't go off. 

Though if Wong hits and flips a black joker on damage would the pulse still go off? I recall reading somewhere the BJ means the duel failed, but can't actually find that text now that I'm looking for it. Closet I can find is pg 47 which mentions since the BJ does no damage after damage and whikle damaging triggers don't go off.

It would go off. Similarly, if a Razorspine Rattler flips a BJ on damage, the victim still gets the Poison.

Now, I do agree with Verdeloth that Wong's attack does not use the "and" structure like most similar attacks do (takes damage and gets Poison; takes damage and causes a pulse) but that is sorta special since the pulse doesn't affect the model that gets the damage.

I do agree with Wizuriel that, unless otherwise stated (as in, "this attack flip gets a positive twist") you apply the consequences only if the duel succeeded.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the tournament now and after 2 days with 5 games im very happy with my gremlins.

I did not end in any remarkebel position but i had lot of fun.

First game i placed wong i turf of war with lenny, gracie, burt, 1 bayo gremlin, trixi and sammy.

went up against ophelia and with zero wong experience i went little to agressive and got wiped out turn 4 :P

Second game was reckoner and i picked ophelia, her henchman, rami, 1 totem, lenny, burt and raphael And went up against perdita with her full family.

Blew up papa loco with a well place shoot from my henchman and cause fransico to suffer 5 damage ^_^ and ophelia won the stand of vs perdita thanks to lennys ram support. However got charged by fransciso and ophelia flipped bj on def so got severed hit with double crit :*(

Lost with 1 point after he score assasination.

Third game i placed somer with his factory and pigapult (with sammy encourgement) in squaters right against marcus, his henchman, 2 wildgeist, jackalope, big 3 head tiger, ten storm dragon.

Did some major mistakes here to due to not enough games under my belt with somer to but with some really fun pigapult action and the VIP of the game sammy that locked down marcus leggs for 2 turns we came out with a draw

Fourth game reconnoiter i placed same team as last game against nicodem, 1 belle, 1 nurse, mollys' 3headed monster, sebastian, ten storms big undead armor and chikaki.

I picked distract and just massive produced gremlins and tossed them everywhere and tagged all big ones + planted evidence and i allways waited until i out activated him to do perfect pigapult tosses for deny him reconnoiter.

won with 8 against 6

Last game stake a claim i picked another factory with somer (was planing to take zoraida but my opponent was also gremlin) so it was basicly a mirror match with some small exceptions. it was her first game with pigapult and she forgot lenny in her home so she had to place ophelias henchman to fill that gap and she also picked double slop haulers and burt.

this was one of the most entertaining games with 2 massive produces of bayo gremlins and just let them fly EVERYWHERE with 2 pigapults ^^ we didnt make the full game due to lack of time but in turn 4 we had so much models everywhere it was crazy :P

i came out on top with 7 against 5

Ended up on 13 place of 28

Man I wish I had the old metal Pigapult. Not that big of a fan for the new one.

Great reports though and you did really well! I am myself just starting out with Gremlins too. They are a fun bunch aren't they? :D I own only Ophelia and Som'er though. Waiting for Wong and Mah. :)

We still have a old pigapult in my local store ;)

yes i had lots of fun and we some more games before the tournament alone would probably help me alot i belive ^^

but in the end it was a very fun experience and one of my best time playing malifaux, gremlins are sure a faction

that even if you screw up it still feel good :P and you are not a true gremlin player if you dont take chanses ^^ love bayo two card.

I will try to see if i can do more then just a mini-report maybe and see if i will up my games even more in future events ^^ 

good luck with your gremlins zfiend :) im sure you will like it